Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im totally a newbie and purchased my first semi-auto pistol (i have revolvers), that being a Glock 22 Gen 4. I plan to eventually install a 9mm barrel conversion kit into it. My question is regarding the operation of the slide. Is the slide locking mechanism supposed to engage automatically if rack it with an empty magazine inserted? Other than when you discharge a full magazine with live ammo (at the range), shouldnt you always have to manually lock the slide back? Hope my question makes sense. I know this sounds like a dumb question, but sometimes you just have to ask them! Thanx to anyone offering any advice!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The slide will lock back on an empty magazine whether you rack it or if you fire it until empty. No such thing as a dumb question.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I forgot to welcome you to the Forum. Welcome and ask all the questins you want, we love to answer them.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome!

When it does lock after your last shot at the range and you insert a new magazine, be sure to use the "slingshot" method to chamber the next round. You can slide the lock down, but it's not the recommended procedure.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome!

When it does lock after your last shot at the range and you insert a new magazine, be sure to use the "slingshot" method to chamber the next round. You can slide the lock down, but it's not the recommended procedure.
Agree, slingshot by pulling slide back from the locked position with a full mag and it is supposed to be better on the weapon.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Welcome!

Thanks, I've been a thumb-release man since getting my first Glock in March. I'm for anything that saves wear and tear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts