Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the mood for a little trading today. I had a M&P pro Series in 9mm that I bought new and never shot. So off I go to my dealer to see what he had. I decided I wanted his 3rd gen nickle slide ( someone can correct me if it not called nickle ) so we ad a even swap. My camera is on the fritz so here is a like to my dealer stite of the same gun I bought. Dave

Online Gun Deals - Item Details

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
congrats on new glock! good choice but you knew that anyway. i think that may be a talo gun. there website refers to the slide being nickle boron as does the pic you provided.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats on the G23 !

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I found out something about my new 23 that I dont know if I feel good about or not. Someone ( maybe a member on here ) said that Glock does not use a nickel finish. I contacted CCR, I have had a few slides refinished there and they do wonderful work and ask Mary if Glock did their own nickel finished and I was told no they did not. She actually told me they have recieved a few slides that were nickel that started corroding they had to refinish. I called Glock and talked to them and was told no, they dont plate the slides in nickel that they sell guns to places like Talo and they have them plated. On top of that Glock will not warranty the slide. I asked if they knew who actually did the nickel plating and he said no, I ask him if the slides nickel finish holds up as well as regular Glock finishes and he said he had no idea. I guess I will wait and see. Dave

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well, I found out something about my new 23 that I dont know if I feel good about or not. Someone ( maybe a member on here ) said that Glock does not use a nickel finish. I contacted CCR, I have had a few slides refinished there and they do wonderful work and ask Mary if Glock did their own nickel finished and I was told no they did not. She actually told me they have recieved a few slides that were nickel that started corroding they had to refinish. I called Glock and talked to them and was told no, they dont plate the slides in nickel that they sell guns to places like Talo and they have them plated. On top of that Glock will not warranty the slide. I asked if they knew who actually did the nickel plating and he said no, I ask him if the slides nickel finish holds up as well as regular Glock finishes and he said he had no idea. I guess I will wait and see. Dave
That's good to know. I thought they came from Glock that way too. Now I know to stay away from them and if I want one done that way I'll pay for it myself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's good to know. I thought they came from Glock that way too. Now I know to stay away from them and if I want one done that way I'll pay for it myself.
Thats what I will do, If anything happens I will just send the slide to CCR. It is really hard to believe that a company like glock would even take a chance of someone other than themselfs to do something to their guns that might tarnish ( pun intended ) their rep.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thats what I will do, If anything happens I will just send the slide to CCR. It is really hard to believe that a company like glock would even take a chance of someone other than themselfs to do something to their guns that might tarnish ( pun intended ) their rep.
Well I guess technically Glock sold it to Talo. Talo plated it and then sold it as a plated G23. So, Glock is out of the picture on that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts