Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at Cheaper Than Dirt at 0915 this morning and bought a new G32 GEN 4, had them get one out of stock that had not been handled except at the factory, test fired 6/18/12, box marked as having FXD 5.5 # trigger.
Here is the surprise: I went straight to the indoor range where they have a gunsmith shop. I told the gunsmith to put in a 3.5# connector, he had a Glock 3.5# connector on hand and some aftermarkets and Ghost connectors. I said put in the Glock 3.5, which he started to do. At that point he got a puzzled look on his face and went and pulled out an aftermarket connector also and compared it to the one in my G32 and to the Glock 3.5. I had already informed him I had just bought it NIB, he said "You have a 3.5# connector already in your gun, I have never seen one come from the factory in a Compact, only in the G34. That saved me $20.

I put 50 rounds thru the gun I have a pic for the second target I shot. Shots were made 2 handed of course, unsupported firing as soon as the front sight came back on target at 21 feet.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
We have a Winner !!! Awesome, Tex...sweet gun, sweet deal, and dead target...! Congrats :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sweet!!!!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That is unusual, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy... :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is unusual, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy... :)
That is what I thought too! Usually if there is an item that is defective I get it, but not this time. This was evidently a mistake at the factory, but to my benefit.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That is what I thought too! Usually if there is an item that is defective I get it, but not this time. This was evidently a mistake at the factory, but to my benefit.
nothing to complain about there...lol :D

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice! How's the felt recoil with that double spring?
I really dont know that I could tell a differance. Wish I still had the G32 GEN 3 to compare. But then if I did I wouldnt have the GEN 4 !

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
congrats and that is strange. the guy at the factory must of knew you were buying one and helped you out!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True.

Time to update your sig :)
Thanks, I even updated it at GT even though i only go there to read what Mas Ayoob says in GATE

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
congrats and that is strange. the guy at the factory must of knew you were buying one and helped you out!
I like to think it was a good looking Blonde at the factory that did it. I can dream !

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I like to think it was a good looking Blonde at the factory that did it. I can dream !
Nope...I been there...It's a big, sweaty, hairy, greasy looking dude with a mullet haircut, and "Elvis" pork chop side burns...you just went from dream to nightmare, man...sweet dreams...lol...:D

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope...I been there...It's a big, sweaty, hairy, greasy looking dude with a mullet haircut, and "Elvis" pork chop side burns...you just went from dream to nightmare, man...sweet dreams...lol...:D[/

Oh great now I have a mental picture of that.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I may have to have some help from Captain Morgan !

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kind of, had an exwife chasing me in my dream. Maybe I better back off on Captain Morgan.

Now we have completely turned this into an off topic discussion. You should be ashamed!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I said put in the Glock 3.5, which he started to do. At that point he got a puzzled look on his face and went and pulled out an aftermarket connector also and compared it to the one in my G32 and to the Glock 3.5. I had already informed him I had just bought it NIB, he said "You have a 3.5# connector already in your gun, I have never seen one come from the factory in a Compact, only in the G34. That saved me $20.
cound the factory have done an upgrade for someone else or did they run out of 5.5 conectors? was the gunsmith mistaken?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts