Glock Forum banner

New Gen.4 G19 mods?

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Glockberg 
#1 ·
I just bought a Gen.4 G19 with night sights from Gtdist.com with military discount and was so close to buying the G19c but with the new recoil springs the compensated models are being phased out. Either way right off the bat i'm am looking to replace a few key components such as the firing pin with the titanium coated one, also the disconnector with the lone wolf 3.5lb, and i am not sure if the firing pin spring would make a difference if i dropped in a lighter spring? Between the G19 and my M9 the glock will soon take over as my CCW and just wanted to tweak and peak the pistol before usage and break in. Any thoughts and advice would be cool.

#2 ·
Yes. Take it out and shoot it before you go swapping things around. You might find that you like it as is. I would not swap out the firing pin spring for anything lighter in a CCW gun, nor would I bother with a titanium firing pin. You may find the trigger works fine for you. If not, you can remove most of the gritty feel via the "25 cent trigger job", and the connector swap should lighten things a tad.

#9 ·
I swapped out the striker/striker spring, trigger spring, removed the trigger safety, bypassed the drop safety, chopped and lowered the frame rails to give it the 'lowrider' look and put three layers of Cerakote on the slide....

Gee, I don't know WHY it doesn't work right. Glocks are a POS.

#18 ·
10-4, yeah going to make that second nature I hope. I also reversed my mag release too, my thumb comes up short as a righty, I feel better releasing with trigger finger. Don't plan on competetion shooting so if ever confronted in a defense position, hoping no more than 16 rds needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.