Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Gen 4, G19 on wednesday and finally got to the range this afternoon. I am very pleased with this purchase. It opperated flawlessly for 150 rounds. I was much more accurate with it than with my Kahr Cm9 because of the longer barrel and sight radius. The slide racks a lot easier too. The only complaint that I have is that the magazine does not spring out very good when you push the release button. This would not be very good in an emergency reload situation. Even my Kahr has more oomph in the mag release. I wonder if there is any way to correct this?

Steve

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Haven't heard of issues with the mag not dropping freely. Does it happen with all three mags?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't heard of issues with the mag not dropping freely. Does it happen with all three mags?
The mag does drop freely out, but I just expected it to pop out more forcefully. I probably just need to keep repeating the magazine change procedure over and over untill I can do it quickly.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No replacement for practice...I never rely on a mechanical operation to do what I need to ... no matter what it's supposed to do...make that a part of your
emergency reload drill...practice 'til it's natural...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
it should drop freely, if it doesn't the mag is damaged or the grip is warped. What I would do is coat the mag with something and then slide it up in the gun then release it and you will see where it is hanging up at. Then take some fine sand paper and smooth out the inside of the mag well where you think it is making contact

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The mag does drop freely out, but I just expected it to pop out more forcefully. I probably just need to keep repeating the magazine change procedure over and over untill I can do it quickly.
Some of mine fall faster than others, but as long as it falls freely, it's probably just wanting some more range time :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some of mine fall faster than others, but as long as it falls freely, it's probably just wanting some more range time :)
yes I have to get used to the Glock and position my hand properly to get a good push on the mag release while acquiring a fresh mag with my left hand. I realize now that I might have been pressing the mag release with my thumb and pressing against it on the other side with my hand.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts