Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few hours, I experienced buyers remorse when I became concerned with the grip, and the lack of capacity. Someone gave me some good advice, and here is the solution for those of you out there who keep asking the question about the G19 or G26.

Buy the G26.

Since the mags from larger Glocks can fit in it, it makes it the perfect firearm. Carry the 10 round mag for conceal, and have let's say a G19 mag as your backup. Better yet, order the 12 round mags so you have a full grip, 2 extra rounds, and maintain your concealment. If you do the math, 2 of the 12 round mags equals what I said above so it's a simple solution to the problem.

I'm a TALL BIG guy, with big hands, and I can grip this fine, even without the 12 round mag. Now onto my question...

What's next for me new friend? Besides a holster, what should I purchase? What cleaning kit? What accessories?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ! The size and caliber of handguns are very subjective, what is good for you may not be best for another, if you use a larger mag I would suggest the extension that fits between the mag baseplate and the grip, that way you will not put excess pressure on the mag and have a FTF. It happened to me.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ! The size and caliber of handguns are very subjective, what is good for you may not be best for another, if you use a larger mag I would suggest the extension that fits between the mag baseplate and the grip, that way you will not put excess pressure on the mag and have a FTF. It happened to me.
Very subjective...some folks just don't shoot subcompacts very well, and some can shoot them very well...Shooting both extensively is a must to get the feel for the best choice...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For a few hours, I experienced buyers remorse when I became concerned with the grip, and the lack of capacity. Someone gave me some good advice, and here is the solution for those of you out there who keep asking the question about the G19 or G26.

Buy the G26.

Since the mags from larger Glocks can fit in it, it makes it the perfect firearm. Carry the 10 round mag for conceal, and have let's say a G19 mag as your backup. Better yet, order the 12 round mags so you have a full grip, 2 extra rounds, and maintain your concealment. If you do the math, 2 of the 12 round mags equals what I said above so it's a simple solution to the problem.

I'm a TALL BIG guy, with big hands, and I can grip this fine, even without the 12 round mag. Now onto my question...

What's next for me new friend? Besides a holster, what should I purchase? What cleaning kit? What accessories?
Love my G26. Excellent CC balance between effective capacity & size.

Gets lots of ammo & maybe some night sights.

For cleaning, it's a Glock - you don't need much.

You could get some Q-tips, patches, a bottle of Hoppes #9, some BreakFree CLP, and some BreakFree LP and you'd be set for a long time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts