Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new glock owner an new to this site i have been reading about new glocks an no need to clean very often this is my first glock, i have owed diff pistols an rifiles an have always cleaned after shooting more than 50 rounds at one shooting, my questain to anyone that may no is i bought a new gen3 17 last week shot it for the first time today an it failed to eject 3 times out of 80 rounds [ i was shooting federal,winn, blazer an speer ammo] i brought it home an cleaned it, didnt seem very dirty , i put a live round in the barrel just to see how tight it was before i cleaned it an it was a little tight i did the same after cleaning an much looser i was wandering if this is somewhat normal or should i contact glock. thanks to anyone for any input.

Lane

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As for an answer to your question, I really don't know what the issue can be. Someone will be along with some ideas I'm sure! Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like a possible case of limp wristing to me. Very easy fix. Glock barrels are generally looser than most and shoot all ammo fine. Cleaning shouldn't be the issue. A lot of owner's don't even clean a Glock before they shoot it the first time. Try keeping that grip firm and that will probably solve your problem. This has probably happened to a lot of Glock owner's on this site. Every once in a while you get lazy and limp wrist it.

BTW, welcome to the site!;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks HRG i am going back to the range this week, i will try keeping a firm grip an see if that corrects the problem.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
here watch this
[video=youtube;kMI_PADt0tU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI_PADt0tU[/video]

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
some of the problems cross over like limp wristing BUT late model gen 3's and early model gen 4's used a different type of ejectors and extractors and this has caused problems with ejecting

I borrowed this from another site to show the difference in a glock extractor and a lone wolf one

After speaking with Glock customer service yesterday, he recommended I take some fine steel wool to my Gen4 extractor to smooth out the finish a bit and see if that would improve the fit.
I did as he suggested, but during the process, received my Lone Wolf 9mm extractor. While the steel wool DIimprove the fit of the Gen4 extractor, I noticed some
small, yet OBVIOUS differences between the Lone Wolf version and the Glock version. In fact, the Lone Wolf extractor looked and fit EXACTLY like the extractor in my older Gen3 G19. The Gen4 Glock extractor has the obvious dip that others have mentioned as well as some extra ridges that don't exist on the older Gen3 extractor and the Lone Wolf version
Wood Audio equipment Gas Tints and shades Gadget Font Aviation Airplane Wing Air travel

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I would shoot some more before monkeying with things that may cause more problems...at least rule out the limp wristing...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Definitely rule out your grip before you try anything else.

I clean my Glocks after each use. Doesn't take long and there's no harm in doing so.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
................I clean my Glocks after each use. Doesn't take long and there's no harm in doing so.
Ditto...It's not like you're gonna wear it out by cleaning it, lol

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome to the forum bingo91799. Not going to hurt to clean it after shooting. I don't usually until 300 rounds on my Glocks as modern day ammo shoots pretty clean. As for your problem, I agree with the others. Keep shooting it and evaluate it after 300-500 rounds. Glock will tell you there is a 500 round breaking period to get things seated well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys i really ejoy reading this forum , i am going back to the range on wednesday i will update when i get hm. thanks to everyone for the input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well went back to thr range put 150 rounds thru 50 winn white box, 50 blazers an 50 feds fail to eject 6 times 2 with each box of ammo i had a tight grip on the gun also so no limp wrist, should i give a few more hundred rounds or contact glock. this is not not my ccw. thanks

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have no problems with mine but the LATE models just about the time they came out with the gen 4's they did so check the part (336 on the ejector is the bad one) and/or contact Glock. they won't send you an extractor and tell you that you have to take it to an G armor but it’s an easy part to install. I just checked mine and I have the 1882 one in mine

As far as I know there are no aftermarket extractors

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry lost connection, i asked what other problem could it be he starting asking me questions about ammo i told him i had fired several brands 115 an 124 grain , he ask how many rounds i told him about around 350 to 400 he said that wasnt enough to break in firearn yet told me to fire anouther 300 to 400 rounds i ask him about the ejector again he said there was nothing wrong with the 336. what would you do?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Like I said the right part might NOT be the right part; look at the extractor but include glock

1 - 20 of 31 Posts