Glock Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a brand new 23 gen 4 (1st pistol) and shot for the first time today. Lovin it so far only 2 things I don't like so far are 2 rounds not fully loading into the chamber. The last round of the mag just got stuck partway through the motion. Is this common or should I just stay away from the ammo I used? (Winchester wb). Also the trigger safety I would like to change the color. And make it orange.Just to accessorize. Anyone done that before?

this is crude example of what i meant about coloring the trigger,

·
Registered
960 Posts
Have a brand new 23 gen 4 (1st pistol) and shot for the first time today. Lovin it so far only 2 things I don't like so far are 2 rounds not fully loading into the chamber. The last round of the mag just got stuck partway through the motion. Is this common or should I just stay away from the ammo I used? (Winchester wb). Also the trigger safety I would like to change the color. And make it orange.Just to accessorize. Anyone done that before?
Welcome from Alabama! Only one round will be chambered at a time. The slide will remain open to the rear after the last round is fired. Glocks are great for eating just about any ammo, but sounds that it may have had a failure to eject. Not common with Glocks, but certainly possible. About the paint, you can get "gun guys" that paint guns to make the whole thing orange if you want. Money will buy anything!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome to the forum. AC1 is correct most Glocks will eat almost anything. There are differing opinions about a break in period for new Glocks, I have never needed to break in but Glock Corp say's there is one. They suggest 500 rounds through the weapon to properly break in the weapon and seat all parts. I would just continue to shoot it making sure you lube it according to Glock recommendations before you shoot and monitor the weapons status.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!

If it happens again, take a pic and share with us...might be something we can help with.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I have never had to break in a Glock either. Just take them straight out of the case load up the mags and start shooting. Be ssure and grip a Glock firmly giving it a good platform from which to recoil. Winchester White Box works for me, just put 50 rounds thru a brand new G32 GEN 4 yesterday.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Orange? I never heard that before and as far as the other problem. Glock’s like manly men; meaning you can't limp wrist them. Grip is very important or you will stove pipe a round loading or ejecting

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Preciate the feedback, I def don't mind advice to put more rounds through it. Would it be easy to color myself? Also I would like to know what is your preferred primary ammo?
ps. I guess it would be more appropriate to say fail to feed?

My problem was similar to first 2 pictures on this link
Glock 17 (Gen4) issues..... | Police & Law Enforcement Discussions and Forums - PoliceLink
Looks like a mag issue more than anything else. Ensure the rounds were seated properly, I usually slap the back of my mag after I have loaded a few just to ensure they are all seated fully to the rear. I would suggest weak mag spring if it weren't brand new. Ensure the magazine was seated fully. Be sure you don't knock the mag release. Sometimes it can get pressed enough to pop the mag but it doesn't fall out.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looks like a mag issue more than anything else. Ensure the rounds were seated properly, I usually slap the back of my mag after I have loaded a few just to ensure they are all seated fully to the rear. I would suggest weak mag spring if it weren't brand new. Ensure the magazine was seated fully. Be sure you don't knock the mag release. Sometimes it can get pressed enough to pop the mag but it doesn't fall out.
+1 - magazine not seated properly is a very common cause. Watch your thumb too as you might hitting the mag release on accident.

Could also be underpowered ammo (probably not) or unlocked wrist (common with Glocks).

The other "failure to feed" causes are related to the pistol itself and are probably not in play with a new gun.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...all good info above...I have colored all my Glocks black...it's a secret process, tho, and I can't share it... :rolleyes:
JK...I would say that DuraCoat is your friend...I've not heard of anyone doing that particular part themselves...hmmm, keep us posted, and send a pic if you do it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts