Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

I'm new to Glocks, got my 17 Gen 3 last week. It has about 150 rounds through it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been error free. 3 times so far I've had a round fail to completely chamber, you can see the base of the case between the slide and mouth of the chamber. The slide is about 1/4 from being fully forward. Each time the pistol is jammed up solid. I've had to resort to using a wooden dowel down the muzzle and a mallet to push the action open. I thought it might be my reload COL, but the unfired rounds are within the length range. The same rounds don't give my new Kahr any problems. Any ideas?

Tancred

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Have these all been reloads...? Glock warns against reloads, and some owners have switched from factory barrels to non-polygonal(?) after-market barrels...This is more related to lead fouling, I suppose...This doesn't necessarily mean that this is the problem, but if these were all reloads, I'd try some factory ammo to see if the problem still exists. If reloads, it sounds like it could be inconsistency in the loads...Have you noticed which magazines you were using at the time...just a couple of things to consider...I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to lend more help...good luck...! And welcome to the forum...!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I agree with rowabi, before you do anything else, shoot some factory ammo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I did shoot some factory stuff with no problems. Will try some sllghtly hotter loads and check my specs closer.

thanks,

Tancred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts