Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Semi retired, just bought my first gun, used the Army's for many years. Got a G22, was about to buy a 23 but the 22 felt better balanced in my hand. 3 day waiting period so pick it up Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome to the forum shineytop. G22 is a nice gun. I just completed my LEOSA cert this year with mine. The balance is great and the recoil is minimal. There wasn't a center left in the target after 60 rounds. I forgot how nice it shoots

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
welcome, shinytop...good to have you... :) Great gun, by the way...!
I get by that way every once in a while...NAS...love the area :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome from the Orlando area!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Waiting period? I know of no such thing!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Hope you are not catching too much of the Hurricaine !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may be the exception to the membership here. I spent 27 years in the service. But it has been 40 years since I had formal pistol training and ten years since the last time I fired on the range with my son. My new G22 is my first privately owned pistol so I spent some time on the web searching for instruction. I found this site which has a series of videos, half of which I found helpful as a relatively new shooter. Probably not much use to the average member but might be helpful to those just joining the community. I would not have embarrassed myself regardless but feel better about going to the range having watched them. I wonder if the site might sticky some links to videos like this and the one posted about the isosceles stance in another thread.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I think it's a good idea to sticky some basic stance, grip and trigger videos.

Have you thought about taking a class at a local range as well? Are they required for CC licenses in FL?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from Georgia and my hometown is Pensacola, also retired Army. After I got out,I had to learn to shoot a pistol properly. By the way Pistols are an addiction you have to control,once you get into it. Good Shooting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took my new Glock to the range this AM. Fired 130 rounds. No brass in face, no misfires. No 3 inch groups, some 5 inch groups. Good familiarization trip. Kicked not as much as expected. Felt like had good second round on target. Glad I bought it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome from Georgia and my hometown is Pensacola, also retired Army. After I got out,I had to learn to shoot a pistol properly. By the way Pistols are an addiction you have to control,once you get into it. Good Shooting.
Pistols can be an addiction, and Glocks make that addiction even worse...Gotta keep feeding the desire...the desire for another Glock...Most of us here are probably hopelessly that way with our Glocks, if truth be told...and some of these folks will even try to talk you into a bigger caliber, or another one that you don't have yet...fiends, I tell ya...they're all hooked...you will be too..
:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts