Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Im new to this particular forum, been on a few other ones, and there is just too much drama.... I like what I see here! Can't wait to learn all I can from you guys and hopefully help out some people in the process!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome, GlockGuy....glad you're here.. How long ya been Glockin' ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since April of 2012.... really new, but I have been around guns nearly all my life (hunting growing up) and Let me tell you, I have caught the bug lol love it soo much, already nearly maxed out the upgrades I can (except for competition stuff like magwells and different barrels and stuff) but yeah, I love it man

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's cool...I'm kind of a "stock" guy, myself... it's all good, though.
There's a lot of folks here with a lot of knowledge...pretty helpful group, overall..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats good, I dont know if youve seen the drama over on the other 2 main forums with a certain vendor, but I'm glad to be here and I like it a lot so far :D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thats good, I dont know if youve seen the drama over on the other 2 main forums with a certain vendor, but I'm glad to be here and I like it a lot so far :D
Nope...and they can keep it over there...we don't want it...lol

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I used to be a regular on GT and other forums, now this Forum is my home. I got tired of all the sarcasm and rudeness on the others, especially GT.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I don't go there any more because of all the smart ass remarks. Not to mention taking a thread completely off topic when the poster asked a simple question.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah not to name names, but I was on the "other" Glock Forum..... and nothing but drama... this is my new home :D

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There is a lot of good information on them but you have to wade through all the ego maniacs who just post posts to post. They don't make sense half the time and I would venture to say 75% of the threads go off topic because someone just what's to interject their opinion instead of answering the question posted by the person who started the thread. So a thread that could be answered and closed in 10 posts goes on and on for hundreds of posts with absolutely no relevance to the original topic, kinda like we did with this post :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There is a lot of good information on them but you have to wade through all the ego maniacs who just post posts to post. They don't make sense half the time and I would venture to say 75% of the threads go off topic because someone just what's to interject their opinion instead of answering the question posted by the person who started the thread. So a thread that could be answered and closed in 10 posts goes on and on for hundreds of posts with absolutely no relevance to the original topic, kinda like we did with this post :)
Your're right, ZK...And this is a great forum because a little common sense, and a lot of caring go a long way...The people on here are willing to help each other out, and there's a lot of relevant knowledge on this forum..:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah so far here, Im liking the amount of knowledge im seeing here lol

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
G17GlockGuy, the gun laws in your State are pretty strict, but I saw on the news where some are trying to make Illinois honor the Second Amendment. Any gains there? I have a friend retiring as a LEO and going back to your State to take care of his elderly parents and he is concerned about CCW as a retired LEO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmm, I have heard the back and forth debates and everything about it.... but I sure hope so, Thankfully Im not actually IN the city and outside in the burbs hahah, but if I do hear anything, trust me, you guys will be the first to know lol

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome, I am on the other forum I think. The initials are GT? I just ignore the drama. It is better here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah GT is one, there there if the "other" GF, and the newest one is TGB....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts