Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all !!!

We (my wife and I) just purchased our first glock (17 gen 4) on Sept 24th. We _finally_ got to go shoot it today !! It's such an amazingly wonderful gun ... It was a little bit cold here in north central texas today (49 with 15mph north wind) so some shots were a bit off due to the hands shaking a bit ... lol ... But a great time had by both of us ... Now the problems come up ... She wantes her own ... LOL

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I am in North Central Texas also, Watauga. The range I use is The Shooting Gallery, on Lancaster and 820, an indoor range.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome! Find yourself an indoor range and have a blast!!! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from PA ...

Please consider the Gen4 G-26 or the G-19 whichever one she's comfortable with , anyone of these guns will allow you to exchange mags and holster , but more importantly you'll have the same manual of arms and ammo to practice and train with as well ...:)

Safe and happy shooting...:cool:

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Hello to all !!!

We (my wife and I) just purchased our first glock (17 gen 4) on Sept 24th. We _finally_ got to go shoot it today !! It's such an amazingly wonderful gun ... It was a little bit cold here in north central texas today (49 with 15mph north wind) so some shots were a bit off due to the hands shaking a bit ... lol ... But a great time had by both of us ... Now the problems come up ... She wantes her own ... LOL
I gotta laugh "we" and "she wants he own" don't fit in the same sentence when it comes to "the gun". There is nothing better than someone discovering the world for shooting. It’s kind of like standing on the red line of a drag race and have they hit the green light...wow, what a thrill. What a great sport to share and one that both of you can use. A G26 or G23 might be just what the doctor ordered; there is nothing sexier than a woman with a gun (as long as it's not pointed at you)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool tips and advice guys !!! THANKS !!! We will be taking her the shop for a new gun soon ... but for right now ... paractice, practice, practice with this one ;) ...

As for as indoor shooting ranges ... the closest one that we know of is in the Dallas area and thats 2 hrs away ... so the family owned land 20 minutes away, weather dependant, will have to work !!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Cool tips and advice guys !!! THANKS !!! We will be taking her the shop for a new gun soon ... but for right now ... paractice, practice, practice with this one ;) ...

As for as indoor shooting ranges ... the closest one that we know of is in the Dallas area and thats 2 hrs away ... so the family owned land 20 minutes away, weather dependant, will have to work !!
strange how sections of the country are so different. here in mass they have indoor gun clubs that you can join for about 100 dollars a year and get a key card and 24/7 access. there are five within a ten mile radius of me. however i would much rather have what you have, i love to shoot outside.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Just noticed your Wichita Falls location, yes 120 miles would be a bit to drive to Ft Worth. I thought you were in the DFW area when you said North Central Texas. As the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce likes to say "Fort Worth, where the West Begins"! Before I retired I spent some time working in Wichita Falls.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!

The Gen4 G17's are excellent pistols for the ladies. Nothing wrong with a his & hers set :)

Would one (or both) be used for CCing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE !!!! ... after the wife, her brother and I going shooting yesterday ...

(We took our 17 and he has a Glock 19.)

He remarked about how much fun my Springfield Model 87 .22 was to shoot ... after we got home my wife told me she'd like to buy him a .22 for christmas ... So ... Long story short ... walked out of Academy with 2 Marlin 795 .22 and ........ A NEW GLOCK !!!!

Got a glock 22 this time !!! .. The wife (even though she's shot one before) was a bit timid to shoot it. I loaded 5 rounds in it and handed it to her, she handed it back to me, empty, with a BIG smile on her face.

Nothing better thing plinking with .22s and getting to shoot the glocks with family !!!

Going back tomorrow and shooting again ... Now it's time to invest in the reloader ... this time for the glocks ... not the shotguns

1 - 14 of 14 Posts