Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure it differs with each firearm, but Im just wondering what is most commonly used for target practice. I use good hollow points for carry but had a few failier to feed issues with the G27 using LAWMAN ammo. Also what does it mean when your brass shell is nasty dirty when its supposed to be new ammo? Im new to this particular G27, I owned a used G 27 for 6 years without any issues at all in 2003-2009. sold it then I missed that firearm and bought a new one in july.. Thanks everyone, have a great night I'll be looking for some insight..

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome to the forum. "Best ammo" is subjective. There are several posts on the forum that discuss that. Most Glocks will shoot almost anything without issue for range use minus some steel case shellacked ammo that can bind up the action. CC ammo will depend on many other factors.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama!

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Most people for range use like win white box but rem umc hollow points work well. Stay away from reloads, not recommended by Glock

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. My wifes G19C hates reloads, at least the ones I bought at the time. Try different brands of ammo and see what works best.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I've always had good luck with Lawman (surprised you had issues with them) & Federal American Eagle, but honestly, my Glocks eat just about everything :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@RMD, Lawman usually worked well for me too with my other glock, I like Federal ,American eagle, and I hope winchester white box works well as I just bought a good amount of them... Its possible that i may have not had enough oil in my slide but I was told not to oil glocks much.anyway I was surprised to see it fail to feed or actually it seems to feed two bullets at the same time.. I have to get to the range again soon and figure out what the problem is for sure. Hopefully a mag issue

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why are you responding to a thread that is a waste of time? Reason I asked is because I was having falier to feed issue.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
why are you responding to a thread that is a waste of time? Reason I asked is because I was having falier to feed issue.
Hey, it was a legitimate question...one that deserves a legitimate answer...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You say the ammo and brass is dirty, that could be an indication of poor slow burn powder. That being said dirty ammo like that can gum up the works rather quickly. If you have extensive rounds of it through the gun then the ejector could be jammed up causing FTEs. I would try a detail strip of the slide assembly and ensure you have a clean gun, then run some different ammo through and see if you are experiencing the same FTE.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was responding to someone who didnt like my question, Im not trying to cause a problem. Anyway.. thanks for all the answers, I appreciate your time

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I was responding to someone who didnt like my question, Im not trying to cause a problem. Anyway.. thanks for all the answers, I appreciate your time
It's not a problem...Sometimes you just have to overlook the useless answers, and try the ones that have merit... and I like what ZombieKiller57 said above...dirty ammo can be problematic...If you can clean the gun, try some different ammo, and see what the results are...let us know how it goes...good luck! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a Glock 27 that was stove piping 2 rounds at a time it was a mag. try running ammo in it by hand see what happens , if it jams try a different mag. if it jams only in the one mag. send it back to Glock they will replace it. Hope it works for you.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I had a Glock 27 that was stove piping 2 rounds at a time it was a mag. try running ammo in it by hand see what happens , if it jams try a different mag. if it jams only in the one mag. send it back to Glock they will replace it. Hope it works for you.
do it by the mag, hand feeding ammo into the chamber and letting the slide slam on it will damage the extractor (crack and/or change the direction of fired brass) the ammo feeds under the extractor when done by the mag

1 - 20 of 20 Posts