Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Glock folks;

I'm going through California's 10 day waiting period before I can take home my new Gen 3 Clock 26. After shooting the gun for a while at my local range and getting comfortable with it I'm planning on installing a set of Tritium night sights. I've been doing research on what sights are available and have a few questions. I plan to eventually use the gun for CCW and also paper targets at the range. I've noticed that several manufacturers list the same sight models for Glock 26, 15, and 17. My concern is that the sight picture would be different when one installs the same sight on pistols with different front-rear sight spacing. On the longer barrel there would appear to be more space between the front sight post and the sides of the rear sight notch. Also some sights are offered with different width rear sight notches. I would like to be able to quickly acquire the sight picture and also be able to place shots with some degree of precision. Is this possible? I'd like some guidance on what sights your using on the short barreled 26 and 27 models that would meet my needs.

It looks like this forum has a very knowlegeable membership.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am going to sit back and listen (I am in the same boat looking for sights as well). Have fun with that new gun when you get it.

Safe Shooting.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill, You're not going to have much of a difference of site picture or accuracy between any of the aftermarket sites. You will have to adjust to the site picture is it's different from the stock sites. There are already threads here discussing night sites and one for big dot sites which have there pros and cons but are more focused for defensive use. Both of which are good reads and full of information.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome ,californiabill...These guys are a wealth of knowledge...and pretty decent folks, lol

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome! waiting period????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me on what some of our guys have to go thru to own firearms...from CaL, to Mass...and some in- between..But I definitely admire their persistence...and hunger for Glocks...Hang in there...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sights are highly personal items, I prefer fiber optic or fiber optic/tritium. For fiber optic just changing the front sight works well, although I have standard tritium night sights, fiber optic front and fiber optic/tritium front and rear. I have the big dot tritium on my G21SF RTF2 and it works for me also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been in the same boat as well. After days and weeks of research, I decided on the Trijicon green night sights because they have been around for quite a while, have good write ups, and mainly, because of their toughness. I love the looks of the fiber optic tritium TruGlo sights, but have read that getting fluids on them cause them to dim and I have heard that some of the tubes have come loose after some shooting because of the jolt from the ejection process. The Trijicons look a little smaller, but they are nice and bright as they were glowing really nice last night on the counter. I'm taking them to a gun smith tomorrow to have them installed on my new Glock 26 Gen 4. There are a lot of nice sights out there and lots and lots of opinions. My aging eyes would probably benefit from the bigger, more bright sights, but I am going to give the Trijicons a try. They really do have a good track record of reliability and they are guaranteed for life. Of course, like the others, the glow of the green should last for about 12 years. It seems the yellow and orange go out faster as the orange are only guaranteed for five years. Go figure. Good luck on your quest. Sorry about the commie laws in Ca. Love Virginia!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome, californiabill! Good choice on the G26. If this is primarily for carry & paper, check out the XS Big Dot. Excellent SD/"combat" setup.

I'll be taking a road trip to California later this year and I'm trying to make sure I know what to do with my Glock once I cross the state line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the welcomes. RMD, you cant believe how screwed up California gun laws are. CCW are issued differently depending on county. I dont think that California would honor your out of state CCW permit. I dont know if you can legally bring a magazine into California that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds. I would check with the guys at calguns.net. They are a very knowledgeable group who have worked hard to preserve our gun rights.

A few more days of waiting period to go and I can go play with my first Glock! I report back once I get in some range time with the new baby.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thanks for all of the welcomes. RMD, you cant believe how screwed up California gun laws are. CCW are issued differently depending on county. I dont think that California would honor your out of state CCW permit. I dont know if you can legally bring a magazine into California that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds. I would check with the guys at calguns.net. They are a very knowledgeable group who have worked hard to preserve our gun rights.

A few more days of waiting period to go and I can go play with my first Glock! I report back once I get in some range time with the new baby.
Thanks for the tip. I know I can't CC and from what I can tell, just before I cross the border into California, I have to unload my pistol and put it, and its 10 round magazine, in my locked pistol safe. Not sure where to put the safe as I don't have a trunk. I think the only time I can actually carry it is when it's in the safe to and from the car to the hotel room.

Crazy stuff!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I know I can't CC and from what I can tell, just before I cross the border into California, I have to unload my pistol and put it, and its 10 round magazine, in my locked pistol safe. Not sure where to put the safe as I don't have a trunk. I think the only time I can actually carry it is when it's in the safe to and from the car to the hotel room.

Crazy stuff!
Make sure if you get attacked you shout at the top of your lungs "TIME OUT!!!!" I think there is a CA law that says the bad guy has to obey that command and respect your tiimeout. That will then give you time to retrieve your car keys, unlock your car, retrieve your keys or combination to the safe, open the safe and assemble your weapon ensuring you are using CA conforming ammunition. If not then you will have to see if the bad guy will reschedule his attack at a later time when you have the proper CA conforming defense tools. Because of course as everyone knows the State will not deny you the right to self protection.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Make sure if you get attacked you shout at the top of your lungs "TIME OUT!!!!" I think there is a CA law that says the bad guy has to obey that command and respect your tiimeout. That will then give you time to retrieve your car keys, unlock your car, retrieve your keys or combination to the safe, open the safe and assemble your weapon ensuring you are using CA conforming ammunition. If not then you will have to see if the bad guy will reschedule his attack at a later time when you have the proper CA conforming defense tools. Because of course as everyone knows the State will not deny you the right to self protection.
It's almost insane. Apparently though, I can carry my USMC KA-BAR right out in the open though :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is the making of a bad day. CA laws are over the top.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
RMD,

I found this chart which lists states which honor CCW permits from other states. Simply find your state in the left column and the column on the right lists the states which will honor your CCW. As I expected the chart shows that California doesnt honor any other state CCWs. The chart is at http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
Maybe next year something will become of the Federal Reciprocity bill. I have my reciprocity under HR218 and I still don't want to go to CA, and I have family there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Bill and fellow glockers. I just picked up a g21 white label gen 3. After 10 days of being denied my constitutional right, I finally picked up my new glock yesterday. Shoots like a dream. I have only been in so cal a few years so the freedoms lost are deeply felt. Anyways warren fiber optic pin with plain carry rear is my bug setup. Worth checking out, not sure if its just me but it works.
Cheers
RW

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
RMD,

I found this chart which lists states which honor CCW permits from other states. Simply find your state in the left column and the column on the right lists the states which will honor your CCW. As I expected the chart shows that California doesnt honor any other state CCWs. The chart is at http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
I know I can't carry it, just want to make sure I'm transporting it lawfully. Seems like so long as it's unloaded, mag is out and it's in a locked safe, I'll be OK.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey Bill and fellow glockers. I just picked up a g21 white label gen 3. After 10 days of being denied my constitutional right, I finally picked up my new glock yesterday. Shoots like a dream. I have only been in so cal a few years so the freedoms lost are deeply felt. Anyways warren fiber optic pin with plain carry rear is my bug setup. Worth checking out, not sure if its just me but it works.
Cheers
RW
Congrats, I know you will love it. I bet ranges are expensive out there too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts