Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!
I'm looking to purchase a GLOCK 19 and I have a question for you guys that owned it.
It would be for home/self defense nothing crazy.
Which is better? Gen 3 or Gen 4? I know it would come down to personal preference but any input/experience will help.
Thanks!:)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
What it really will boil down to is feel. There are some mechanical improvements but nothing to jump over the cliff after. I would suggest visiting a Gun Show or a Gun Store and trying out both the G3 and the G4 and see which feels better in your hand. Ther performance out of either will be great so there are no worries there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the only thing that I was thinking - mechanical improvements.
But if you say there's nothing too drastic about it then that's good enough for me.
I'll go down the local gun store over the weekend and try both.
Thank you very much ZombieKiller57! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
GEN 3 or GEN 4, very subjective. I like the GEN 3s, I do not feel that 9 mm needs a dual recoil spring. My G17 GEN 4 with the lastest dual recoil spring would not cycle the less expensive 9mm. I sold it and bought a G19 GEN 3 which shoots everything. I keep a 9mm because of the low price of ammo and in case of another ammo shortage 9mm should be easier to find. The G19 is my range gun. For CCW I prefer 10MM, 357 Auto and 45 acp.
I would be willing to bet the G19 is the most popular Glock in sales.

Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I own 2 Gen4 Glocks, but not the 19 and have no problems with them. When I do purchase a G19, I would probably go with the gen 3, don't feel the need to spend extra on the gen 4.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from a recent LA visitor :)

Ideally, you would shoot both and buy the one you shoot better.

Have you ever owned or shot a Glock before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all your input guys!:)
@RMD - This would be my first gun and Glock for that matter. I've always wanted one but never get the chance to own one.
Like I said I will go to the range this weekend and try both.
I will let you know which one I will end up with!
But like you guys said it would not matter since it'll be a Glock! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts