Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello evryone,
I am new to the forum, I just recently bought a glock 19 gen 3. I have always had an interest in guns and I grew up in a police and hunting family. I am married and my wife always said NO!! to a gun in home with kids. Latley there is alot of break-ins in our area and I have been pressing the issue. In early march I was at a Game Dinner and won an MP 15-22, and boy I was excited. I brought it home and the wife was like "alright, I guess it was meant to be!" We eventually went to the range and she wanted to go, so me and a buddy went and she joined with her friend who shoots. My Dad lent me a 9mm and a Luger .22 and a .380 ppk/s. We shot for a couple hrs. and had a blast. I was sold on the 9mm for the fact that Home defense and average recoil, to handle others novice. I looked for a couple weeks and was torn between the mp 9 and glock 19. Everyone including family and Uncle (glock owner) said Glock is the way to go for dependability and reliabilitly. Glock will never disappoint or let you down. I was sold... The glock 19 was compact for ccw and the 26 was too small for my hands and the 17 was unconceable in warm weather (not that we get that in ohio) Since I have started shooting, my wife loves it and she has also purchased a new Gun, a colt 1911 .22LR, she loves it and not to mention a pretty damn good shot she is. When we were at the store the salesman only showed her once how to tear down the gun once and she was a pro.. He said normally he has guys in here 15 minutes struggling. LOL I just wanted to say hello and that I am really excited to take up this wonderful sport, Hobbie and personal self defense tactic.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum 4827.

It is funny when you get the wife passed the fear factor of the gun they turn out to be a damn good shot.

Great choice and if you treat her right she will never let you down.

Safe Shooting.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats and glad to hear the wife approves and owns now. My wife is a good shot as is my daughter which leaves me to believe women have a smoother gentler touch on the trigger.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
hey, welcome aboard...sounds like you're off to a good start

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well your off to a good start with the wife on board. G19 was my first glock and definitely my "if I could only have one gun"
Grats
Rw

·
Registered
16 Posts
welcome G19 is a great gun... try out a G26 if you get the chance its a great weapon the a use as my conceal... Nice to see another ohioan on here!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts