Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I believe it is one that was made in the USA, there was a couple of years glocks where made in the US

Instead of AUSTRIA, it was engraved USA on the slide, had a barrel mark labeled US, and the frame was printed MADE IN USA.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome! Hope you get your question answered. Barstoolguru's story sounds good to me cause I have no idea!!:)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the rumor mill has it as "The 3rd Gen frame will only have "Glock, Inc. Smyrna, GA" WITHOUT "Made In Austria" below it." and "USA" stamped on the slide

the rumor mill also says that a lot of them are "blue label" too

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What does the US suffix on my G22 stand for? my serial # is CAN###US.
I'm not sure, but I think it means it was destined for the US. Oct 96 Gen 2.

Call Glock and they can tell you for sure.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think it means it was destined for the US. Oct 96 Gen 2.

Call Glock and they can tell you for sure.
I agree that the US was used on some earlier Glocks. I am sure Rowabi will be along soon to clarify.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I believe it is one that was made in the USA, there was a couple of years glocks where made in the US

Instead of AUSTRIA, it was engraved USA on the slide, had a barrel mark labeled US, and the frame was printed MADE IN USA.
"No" on the couple of years made here...they've never been totally manufactured here...they're still working towards that...It just means that the frame was made in the US....according to my source at Glock Smyrna.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
the rumor mill has it as "The 3rd Gen frame will only have "Glock, Inc. Smyrna, GA" WITHOUT "Made In Austria" below it." and "USA" stamped on the slide

the rumor mill also says that a lot of them are "blue label" too
In general, Blue Label guns are no different than any others...Blue Label guns are just designated for purchase by Mil/LE, and all the others eligible. So many are designated, and the accountability by Glock through the Blue Label dealers is meticulous...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Back to the US manufacture...Smyrna is getting closer to being able to manufacture the whole pistol...They've made great strides in that direction, and believe me, they're looking forward to doing the whole pistol here...I have a feeling that we're getting close to that day...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts