Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have a Glock 19 for about 25 years now. I am told it's a generation 2. How do I know for sure .And what ammo would I use for self defence

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The biggest thing to look for is the stippling on the front of the grip and is void finger groves and that there is not a rail on the front of the frame. With self defense ammo the best thing to do is get a couple of different types and shoot them. See what one works the best for you and your gun. There are tons of manufactures that makes great quality SD ammo. I personally have a few different types that I use for different guns. My G20 has Federal Hydra Shock, the Sig P229 is packing Winchester Ranger T.

Good luck with the testing and let us know what you find out.

Safe shooting.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm with Trey on the ammo. When I carried a 9mm all they time it was Hydroshock. I also have a few Ranger laying around. I haven't researched 9mm in a while but I would feel secure in carrying either.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hey Guys I have a Glock 19 for about 25 years now. I am told it's a generation 2. How do I know for sure .And what ammo would I use for self defence
Welcome, Skater!

There's a serial number listing w/gens here if you're interested.

For SD, any of the big 3 (Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger, Federal HST) would be excellent choices. My personal preference is the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +p.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I didn't realize they had the HST in 9mm. I don't know why they wouldn't but never gave it a thought. I would definitely use that then. That is my .40 carry round. I buy a case of 500 when ever I find it available
Oh yeah - great round! 124 +p, 147 and 147+p are all available right now at AmmunitionToGo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts