Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the chance to get to the range today with the new shield. I put 31 rounds of WWB and 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr. round nose. that is 131 rounds of flawless shooting. The gun is really accurate and the sight dots are nice and big wich is a plus with my old eyes. The trigger was very crisp. I dont know how it compairs to my M&P Pros triggers as they are still unfired. With my big hands I found the 8 round extended mag a better fit for me than the 7 round one so I will probably pick up a few more 8 rounders. The gun had a little recoil to it, not as much as I thought it would. The .40 would probably had more so I am glad I got the 9mm. The next trip to the range I will put a few boxes of Hornady CD thru her and see if she likes that round, If so that will be my carry ammo. I dont really think I will do much to change it other than a set of night sights and some Talon grips. I hope that Talon is up and running again soon. For those who have Talon grips, The owner past away and the family is getting the orders that they had already out, I love those grips. As far as a holster I will probably order a new Comp-tech Minotaur Kydex Body and continue using that holster as I find it very comfortable. Once I put another 200 to 300 rounds thru it I might retire the LCP and start taking the Shield as my EDC gun.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thanks for the report. I've heard the trigger is better than the standard M&Ps, so I might actually give this a try.

Hadn't heard about the Talon owner, sad indeed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the report. I've heard the trigger is better than the standard M&Ps, so I might actually give this a try.
I few years ago when the M&P's first came out I bought one in .40. I really dont remember what the trigger was like on that gun but it must have been ok or I would have remembered it. I have 2 M&P's in the Pro Series one in 9 and one in 40. I have heard the triggers on them are good as well. I will have to take those two out and break them in and see. Dave

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have no experience wit the Shield, sounds like I need to investigate.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I guess I am anal, I dont know why S&W and others are starting shipping their guns in a cardboard box. About 3 weeks ago I went on the S&W web store and they had the nice blue cases for sale there. I ordered the small one total price with shipping was 17.01 I would rather Smith charge me an extra 10 bucks. Anyways it was on back order and I finally got it today. It is the same size as the blue cases my other 2 M&P's came in. I took my heat gun and warmed up the gun info sticker on the side of the cardboard box and pealed off easy and went right on the new case. I guess my OCD is taken care of for now!!!! lolololol Dave

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
OK, I guess I am anal, I dont know why S&W and others are starting shipping their guns in a cardboard box. About 3 weeks ago I went on the S&W web store and they had the nice blue cases for sale there. I ordered the small one total price with shipping was 17.01 I would rather Smith charge me an extra 10 bucks. Anyways it was on back order and I finally got it today. It is the same size as the blue cases my other 2 M&P's came in. I took my heat gun and warmed up the gun info sticker on the side of the cardboard box and pealed off easy and went right on the new case. I guess my OCD is taken care of for now!!!! lolololol Dave
why do they ship in cardboard?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why do they ship in cardboard?
From what I understand it is cheaper. I dont really know about that. The case on the web store was only like 10.98 plus shipping. My dealer is now seeing S&W and Sigs comming in cardboard boxes instead of a nice case. Dave

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Still waiting for my LGS to get me one!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
SIGS in cardboard boxes ??

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Cardboard box...? With what guns cost, that should be against the law...lol...as well as shipping a pistol with only one magazine... :mad:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Glad that you enjoyed the sheild. Hope to hear more about it after the next trip out. Safe shooting.

I have seen the Cardboard boxes that SIG is sending out. The only model that I have seen in a cardboard box is the pro models.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Finally! My shield should be here by the end of the week! only 2 month wait. Found them on gallery of guns!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats Kj, I love mine, you may wish to look into a set of talon grips. Makes a heck of a differance. Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea my Ruger LCP came in a cardboard box the shield looks nice im gun poor so for now on im just looking and listening

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea my Ruger LCP came in a cardboard box the shield looks nice im gun poor so for now on im just looking and listening
Yes my Shield came in a carboard box. I did not care for tha too much so I went to the S&W website and in their online store they are selling the exact same blue cases my M&P's came in. I ordered one for 17.02 with delivery. When it got here I took my heat gun and softend up the lable with all the guns info on the cardbord box, Peeled it off and stuck it right one the blue case. It looks soooooooooo much better now! Dave

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
My LCP, too...but I didn't hold it against her...goes everywhere with me...lol...almost, that is... :eek:
On the other hand, my Springfield XD-S came with a super nice hard case and tons of goodies...darn case is almost big enough to rent out as an apartment...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts