Glock Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, im Zac, new to glocks and this forum. have a question that hopefully someone can answer-so i went into my local gun store today to look at a glock 26 which i have done my research on and decided to buy for CC and for fun on the range. i found the store almost completely empty with only a few handguns remaining. luckily a G26 was one of them, the guy told me he didnt expect them to last so i put down a $160 deposit. but what i forgot to check was if it was a gen 3 or 4, called back and its a 3. i had only researched the 4 so im a little concerned. i know there arent any major differences but im wondering if the 3s accept all glock 9mm mags like the 4s do?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
gen 4's take all mags and gen 3's take all mags but the difference is get for mags have a noch on both sides for left and right hand shooters. the gen 3's have a different grip them the gen 4's and a different mag release (gen 4 has a bigger pad)

mag.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
welcome mustangzac! i don't really keep up on the gens but i believe the question has been ask before and the answer is yes, all the same mags. there are others who should be along soon and know for certain.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
gen 4's take all mags and gen 3's take all mags but the difference is gen for mags have a notch on both sides for left the mag release and right hand shooters. The gen 3's have a different grip them the gen 4's and a different mag release (gen 4 has a bigger pad) I went out of my way to get my gen 3, I like it over the gen 4

View attachment 1095

·
Registered
965 Posts
The standard grip on the Gen 4 is smaller than the standard grip on the Gen 3 but you can add the included backstraps with the Gen 4. The Gen 3 grip is you get what you get. If the gun felt good in your hands, there's no reason not to go with the Gen 3.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I jam whatever mag that is the correct caliber in my gen 3 or gen 4's that I pull out of my range bag. they all work for me.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hello and welcome from NW Florida!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. The guys are great here and there is lots of good information in the existing threads.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, as you have heard all GEN mags will fit in the GEN 3, along with mags for the G17 and G19.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts