Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike here from central Texas.
I've never owned a Glock. I haven't owned ANY semi auto's in 20 years.
I'm pretty much a revolver/target guy BUT,I decided I wanted another auto and decided on the Glock 20. If your gonna be a bear be a Grizzly right?
I just bought one a couple of hours ago and had them mount a Laserlyte on it.
I went over to a friends house to compare my 20 to his 20SF. I actually talked him in to buying a 10mm before I did. We both looked,placed them butt to butt,side to side etc and the ONLY difference we could find was his has 20SF on the right side and mine don't. They both feel and look identical other than the 20SF marking on his. Strange.....
Anyway, I plan to order a few boxes of different rounds from Underwood and see what round the gun likes best.
The trigger feels "OK" but I may try the Ghost Rocket connector in the future.Who knows, one day I might even spring for a Glockworx complete trigger.
All I can do is look at it and hold it with both hands and play with the laser right now because my trigger finger is broken and in a splint for at least two more weeks.:(
I've shot a few rounds from my friends 20SF before so it will be no surprise,Just aggrivated because I got a new toy and can't play yet.
Oh well,That will give me time to do what I'm doing right now....Saying Hi and reading the post from you good folks.:D

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Mike from North Central Texas.

10MM is my favorite caliber, try some of the Buffalo Bore ammo available at Cabellas.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
welcome mike! 10mm is a nice round. if you really want to play with your new toy, try practicing with your weak hand.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!

Only difference should be a couple mm's in circumference around the grip which gives the SF a slightly shorter grip-to-trigger measurement.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Mike here from central Texas.
I've never owned a Glock. I haven't owned ANY semi auto's in 20 years.
I'm pretty much a revolver/target guy BUT,I decided I wanted another auto and decided on the Glock 20. If your gonna be a bear be a Grizzly right?
I just bought one a couple of hours ago and had them mount a Laserlyte on it.
I went over to a friends house to compare my 20 to his 20SF. I actually talked him in to buying a 10mm before I did. We both looked,placed them butt to butt,side to side etc and the ONLY difference we could find was his has 20SF on the right side and mine don't. They both feel and look identical other than the 20SF marking on his. Strange.....
Anyway, I plan to order a few boxes of different rounds from Underwood and see what round the gun likes best.
The trigger feels "OK" but I may try the Ghost Rocket connector in the future.Who knows, one day I might even spring for a Glockworx complete trigger.
All I can do is look at it and hold it with both hands and play with the laser right now because my trigger finger is broken and in a splint for at least two more weeks.:(
I've shot a few rounds from my friends 20SF before so it will be no surprise,Just aggrivated because I got a new toy and can't play yet.
Oh well,That will give me time to do what I'm doing right now....Saying Hi and reading the post from you good folks.:D
Hi Mike. I am new to this forum but have already found lots of good information and good people. I was just saying today how bad I want to fire a 10mm. never fired one and one of the ranges I frequent has a vast selection of firearms to "try before you buy". As far as Glock goes, you will find that the reliability is second to none and being from a revolver background myself, you will hold on to a Glock (maybe several) and never look back! Look forward to hearing how you like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts