Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys to start off i have never owned a glock, but im falling in love with the glock 19. So my question is this a good gun to use for concealed carry??? If so what would be the best inside the waistband holster? Any help i will take,thank you.:D

·
Registered
469 Posts
The G23 is what I carry and it is a good concealed carry weapon although many people do not like a .40 cal. I'm sure you'll get lots of replies to your question since there are as many opinions on which is the best Glock as there are forum members. :)

Generally, an IWB holster is best for deep concealment but they can be uncomfortable if you wear them all day. If you go with an OWB, a pancake holster is generally the best IMO.

Welcome from Kentucky by the way - glad you re here.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't see any problem with carrying a 19 concealed. There's tons of holsters available, both IWB and OWB. The Comp-TAC Minotaur is highly regarded as an IWB rig. I have their OWB paddle model and will vouch that once clipped over your belt and pants...it don't move! If you like the look of leather, The Mako Group makes some very nice looking rigs, leather over molded kydex and lined with suede. Comes in both real and synthetic leather.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...That's a subjective issue...as soon as you decide on the model, and mode of carry, you'll really need to try some out..To recommend one is one thing, but whether you'll like it is another...lol. Most of us have "the box"...that's where you'll find all of the holsters and gadgets that we tried at some point (either by recommendation, or impulseiveness) only to find we didn't like it, or later changed to something else...that's perfectly normal, and over the years you'll find you'll need a bigger box, lol...It's all good... :)

·
Banned
966 Posts
Echo what JohnL said, for IWB the most popular are the Galco KingTuk and Crossbreed SuperTuck, so that would be a good starting place in your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great suggestions ! I was going to post the same question . Any thoughts on the Galco double time . If its comfy it would be nice to have both options .

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Glock 19 is a good size for a carry gun. I have carried a Glock 23 (same size as your Glock 19) for years. I have worn it inside the waistband and outside the waistband. I'm about 5' 9" and 175 pounds so I'm neither really small nor overly large, yet I can still conceal it comfortably. If inside, then make sure the waist of your pants is loose enough so that you will be comfortable sitting, standing, and walking. Also the style of pants you wear will make a difference with the comfort level. Looser cut usually means more comfort. A lot of people love cargo pants since they are cut a little more loose than jeans, and pleated dress pants give more room for the gun and holster when you're sitting down. I wear jeans most of the time and don't have a problem. I have a Galco and a Don Hume that I wear regularly IWB. The Galco is "tuckable" so that a shirt can be worn over the gun, yet still be tucked in to your pants.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow thanks guys i got a great idea now from all the replies. I will keep you guys posted, i cant wait to get my taxs back i may just buy two glocks...hmmm will see. Thanks all

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have a g23 and a g26 both are fine guns to carry. good luck finding one and be patient

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NW Florida!! I believe they^^^^ pretty much said it all, as for me I like to carry my G26 in warm weather. My G19 can be carried in warm weather but is more easily concealed in cooler or cold weather with the extra clothes or jacket......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts