Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got approval from the "front office" to make another purchase! Gonna go and try out a 30. Really starting to like the .45 and it will fit right in my current carry holster. So, with the price being $450 out the door, with my military discount, I can't go wrong. Gonna go try one out but don't really need too. Gonna look around but I'm thinking I'm set on the 30. Besides that, I really want a Gen 3! :eek:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Good choice, try the G30SF and the G30 and see what fits your hand the best.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
G30 is awesome. Considered by many to be the most accurate out-of-the box .45 ACP made.

11 rounds of 230gr will take care of you for sure!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good choice, try the G30SF and the G30 and see what fits your hand the best.
Yea. I will take a close look at the SF. But just being able to add to the collection gives me a great feeling. I always said, you can NEVER have enough firearms!They have both the 30 and 30SF in stock. I have pretty big hands, so can't wait to get the feel.
So, you are suggesting 230gr. Any reasons why? Just curious.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G30 is awesome. Considered by many to be the most accurate out-of-the box .45 ACP made.

11 rounds of 230gr will take care of you for sure!
That's why I chose the 30. I really can't wait to put some rounds down range with this thing! Excited is just a mild feeling right now!:D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will do the usual to this one. Stainless steel recoil spring, change out the sights. Who knows what else! I know the Glock factory springs are just fine but I don't mind spending a little extra for stainless steel.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And like I said before, I really want to own a Gen 3, why, who cares. I like ALL Glock products! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, ya can't go wrong...!
My thoughts exactly, especially when I get the ok from my "now gun loving" girlfriend! LOL!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Always good to operate under the approval of the "front office"...lol...:)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My girlfriend carries the Sig .380. She has some nerve damage from an explosion where she works that burned over 75% of her body and was only given a 10% chance of living. That happened in 1986, she still works for the same company, has a great attitude toward everything and loves to fire my 23. Not able to rack the slide, but loves to fire it. She is one courageous woman and that's why she is loved by many friends, family and, most of all, ME!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Was talking to friends in Alabama today, and I heard that the gunstore at their local Army post just got in 3 SA XD-S pistols, two are sold, and the other probably won't last long..I think he said they were $547...no tax/out the door...incredible

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Courageous woman and nice statement!
Thank you 1jimmy. She has the ability to brighten anyone's day! No matter what kind of day they are having!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was talking to friends in Alabama today, and I heard that the gunstore at their local Army post just got in 3 SA XD-S pistols, two are sold, and the other probably won't last long..I think he said they were $547...no tax/out the door...incredible
I found a couple. Pretty close to the same price. Thanks rowabi!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
+1 on that...That's a special person, for sure!
I find it to be strange, I'm disabled and retired from a back injury, but yet, this woman still goes to work every day, refuses to give it up and I have no problem having dinner ready for her. Every night! It's just a pleasure to see her walk through the door every night. She has been a great inspiration for me and several other people! :eek:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm so excited about picking up my new 21 next week! The anticipation is just ripping at me. Haven't got a chance to pick it up this week because of several other obligations. But, as I stated in another thread, my lovely lady is going to be away on business for 4 days next week, so time for me to "go crazy"! New pistol, lots of ammo, lots of free time for the range. What else could I ask for?? Well, there may be a chance that I leave the gun store with more than one Glock. I really get that "itch" when they are all staring at me through the gun case! Happy camper! :eek:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Luger P-08 DWM and the M82A1 Barrett .50 cal BMG that they have in stock are gonna be staring at me too! Just need to find an extra $2650 for the Luger and $11,319 for the BMG before I head down there next week! LOL!:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts