Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never exactly been opposed to semi-autos, but have always moved'em along if they hiccup (FT-anything). A little Sig 380 seemed perfect, but a pal made me a foolish offer, so it left for that reason. Other than that, a long-barrelled, fluted, Hi-Standard 106 Buck Rogers-lookin pistol, a little Kel-Tec P3AT, and a Series 70 1911 have lived up to my expectatations, so they still roost here.

I've always trusted revolvers and carried S&W J- and K-frames and Ruger SP 101s, and the Kel-Tec a little, lately. Hunted and shot long range with Ruger and Freedom Arms wheel guns and T/C Contender single shots. Wife and I have played at CAS with Colt SAA and Ruger B'hawks and Vaqueros.

Just never thought I had a need for a Glock, even though some LEO friends and a few others, have recommended'em to me. Now a young neighbor who doesn't shoot much, but who has been fascinated with Glocks, became interested in a couple of old S&Ws I had layin around and traded me a NIB Glock 22 and a NIB Glock 30 for'em.

Ran out and bought a few boxes of Win White Box 230s and thought I might run a couple hundred through the 22. If it meets my expectations as to accuracy and reliability, I may clean it, check the accuracy with a few SD ACP factory rounds that have proven themselves in my S&W 625s, load the 13 round mags, and keep'em handy, along with the 22, in case push comes to shove.........May hang on to the 30 for a while, just in case I appreciate the 22's capabilities.

Looked this forum over and its members seem civil enough and knowledgeable. Since I'm much in need of Glock info, reckon I'll probably lurk here a little.

Thanks,

CBD

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum...that's 2 really nice guns...!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, we are a polite bunch here. You will love the G30 !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I showed my Glock green-ness in my first post here. My longer 45 is a Model 21 instead of a 22......Shot'em today. 2nd mag thru the little 30, 9 of 10 230 gr. Win WBs landed in or touched the slightly less than 1 3/4" 10 ring, unsupported.....The 21 shoots good too, but my gut feelin is that the 21 better bring its lunch if it means to embarrass the 30.....Tried a few Win Self Defense 230s in both guns to check for p.o.i. (1 1/2" high at 40 feet, which for me is acceptable). Best part of the session: nary malfunction.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have seen the G30 referred to in other Forums as the most accurate Glock. In fact gun writer Mas Ayoob claims that also.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
They used to say that about the G36, too...but I love 'em all anyway...even the ones I don't have yet...:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
May have been my imagination and it's likely a silly notion, but I thought the G30's lock time was quicker than that of the 21. Hope to try the G30 again today and take along a couple of S&W big bore revolvers that have won a dot shoot or two for comparison. My prediction is that, off-hand at 40 feet, this out-a-the-box Glock won't be embarrassed by the Smiffs, each of which has had more hours of honing than I care to admit to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts