Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TruGlo night sights and my Glock sport/ combat holster came in the mail today. First off the night sights looked bigger in the pic (lol) but I have to say they are bright in the dark (total dark) so I can assume if they are bigger you might get night blindness (lol). What surprised me was that the original sights front and back are plastic.

I installed the sights in about 20 minutes (stopped to make a drink) and I was moving slowly not to make a boo-boo. The front sight was very tight to install. The base of the front is an oval of there is no way you can get it out of alignment. a slap with a hard rubber mallet to set it and then it was the nut (I do mean little) the only size I could find to fit was a 3/16 or 5 mm 6 pt. sockets so I went with the 3/16 and ground the outside down a little so it fit better. A drop of blue Loctite and about 4 minutes of aggravation and the bolt was in fine (thread so be careful)

then to the rear, knocked out the old one with a block of wood and went to fit the new one in but it was tight (they come with a lock down screw) so I got a three point file (triangle) and did three strokes on each side of the sight and it went on with no problems. A little Loctite and done.

Now to the belly band and the combat holster. If you don't have one of these get one (13.00), for the money they are well made and it’s not hard plastic but flexible. The gun fit like a glove in it. There is a little hump that the trigger snaps in but the gun fits so well that it’s not needed. I cut the ears off and ground down the remaining plastic and glued (contact cement) it in to the belly band. What a difference it makes to be able to re-holster without sticking your finger in the hole first. I can't wait to take it out to the range for some live fire

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the night sites are so bright IN the total dark , I wish I had a place to do some night firing but for now I can only wish

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of going to Detroit and riding on the Google mapping car... the action looks good

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sounds like a good set-up. Congrats !

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a good set-up. Congrats !
like everyone else I tweak it as I go and what I read works for others. the 13.00 Glock/sport holster is well worth the price; you can screw mount it to something or use it in a car/truck. I think I want to buy another for the heck of it so I can use it in a mount some where

·
Registered
960 Posts
TruGlo night sights and my Glock sport/ combat holster came in the mail today. First off the night sights looked bigger in the pic (lol) but I have to say they are bright in the dark (total dark) so I can assume if they are bigger you might get night blindness (lol). What surprised me was that the original sights front and back are plastic.

I installed the sights in about 20 minutes (stopped to make a drink) and I was moving slowly not to make a boo-boo. The front sight was very tight to install. The base of the front is an oval of there is no way you can get it out of alignment. a slap with a hard rubber mallet to set it and then it was the nut (I do mean little) the only size I could find to fit was a 3/16 or 5 mm 6 pt. sockets so I went with the 3/16 and ground the outside down a little so it fit better. A drop of blue Loctite and about 4 minutes of aggravation and the bolt was in fine (thread so be careful)

then to the rear, knocked out the old one with a block of wood and went to fit the new one in but it was tight (they come with a lock down screw) so I got a three point file (triangle) and did three strokes on each side of the sight and it went on with no problems. A little Loctite and done.

Now to the belly band and the combat holster. If you don't have one of these get one (13.00), for the money they are well made and it’s not hard plastic but flexible. The gun fit like a glove in it. There is a little hump that the trigger snaps in but the gun fits so well that it’s not needed. I cut the ears off and ground down the remaining plastic and glued (contact cement) it in to the belly band. What a difference it makes to be able to re-holster without sticking your finger in the hole first. I can't wait to take it out to the range for some live fire
Forgot to mention this earlier.....I see the success of your installation. "stopped to make a drink". I find that any good project requires a cold beer to be nearby. Especially when putting together one of those entertainment centers that always seem to have parts left over! LOL!:)

·
Banned
966 Posts
Thanks for the step-by-step instructions. If that didn't scream "Pay somebody to do it!" I don't know what does! If my Glock was a beater, that'd be one thing ... and with the price of gunsmithing what it is I'll probably stick to the factory whites.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts