Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At new Glock 19,
When its unloading (without MAG of course) and after you press the trigger (ostensibly to release a bullet), when you shaking the pistol forward-backward there is a noise of something that moving, if you cocking gun (unloading without pressing the trigger) and shaking - there is no noise.

What is that noise, is it the firing pin?
Why is it moving/release?
Is it normal? because I've check it also with Glock 26 and there is no noise like that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Mine does the same thing so I assume it is normal just tried it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
sure does and thats normal. that is the firing pin floating

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Mine is right in line with ya'lls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfectly normal.

That's to scare off burglars: "I HAVE A GLOCK!" (rattle, rattle) "YOU BETTER GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" (rattle, rattle)
ROFL! :D

BTW, the qoute from the manual: (next time I'll better check this manual first ;))
5. Firing Pin Safety Release (free movement)

When the trigger is pulled, the firing pin safety moves upwards and clears the firing pin channel to allow the firing pin to move freely to strike the primer with sufficient force. With an unloaded pistol, point it in a safe direction and pull the trigger. Hold the trigger rearward and shake the entire pistol. You should hear the firing pin moving forwards and backwards. This ensures the firing pin channel is unobstructed and the firing pin safety has been moved enough to allow the firing pin to move freely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts