Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at about 7:25 this evening my TV decided that it was going to shoot craps. I notice that it turned off and there was a little red flashing light on it that I had never seen before. That red flashing light of doom was the Lamp light. So the bulb burnt out on my 5 year old TV. Well looked on the internet to see what I could see, the bulbs are all over the place and range in price from $50 -$150, have to order and wait for them to come in and hope that they last, and with my luck I don't think that I wanted to push it.

I decided that I would see if there was any local TV shops that do this kind of repair and/or sell parts (getting to the bulb out is as easy as removing 3 screws). So I stumble across a local shop that is a couple miles from my house, pretty simple website, Monday-Friday 9-6, and I figured that those were typical hours for that kind of place. I clicked the contact tabs and there was an email page where you enter your problem, name, email, and phone #. I filled it out and sent it of thinking that if i don't hear back from them by lunch tomorrow I will just call (my wife being the pessimist that she is says "they are not going to get that, and if they do doubt that they will respond"). Well guess what about an hour later there it was a message in my in box. It was the gentleman that owns the shop saying that he had the part in stock and it was $140. That is on the high end of these things but i figure that no shipping is involved, the part will be warrantied, and helping out my community.

A job will done if I say so myself. :cool:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Trey3...way to go...Dude, I'll back ya on that one. Sometimes, it just all comes together...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The replacement bulb is great. TV looks new.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I will lry and remember that in case I ever have that problem, which I probably will.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's nice when you can get something fixed same day isn't it?
Yeah that makes the problem that much better when the solution is close and attainable.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will lry and remember that in case I ever have that problem, which I probably will.
The gentleman at the repair store told me that most bulbs last for 2 to 3 years. That is when I told him that I have had that TV for 5 or more and this is the first bulb that I have had to replace. He was a little bit shocked and impressed. I have to say that it was the easiest electronic to fix that I have ever had the privilege to fix.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yeah that makes the problem that much better when the solution is close and attainable.
yeh, and when you've been looking for an excuse to replace that dinosaur anyway...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not everyday, for sure...If only it could all go that smoothly...
That would be nice then I would maybe have enough luck to win the half-a-billion $$$ that Mega Millions is giving away. Not going to happen.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
wow...how many Glocks would that buy...?...lol Man, I could help out a lot of people with that...Give it to the Government to help towards the deficit...?..yeh, right...lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow...how many Glocks would that buy...?...lol Man, I could help out a lot of people with that...Give it to the Government to help towards the deficit...?..yeh, right...lol
You could have one of every model from the start of production to present day. That would keep me busy for a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts