Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I see valid points on both sides of the arguments about the purchase.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like this...
Felber said he'd prefer the department save the money for the new guns and use it to reinstate laid-off deputies.

...what a tool. $75,000 would pay for 1.5 officers for 365 days. What then bozo if you can't afford them now? People like this should stick to what they do best and that is wipe their butts and that's even speculative.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like this...

...what a tool. $75,000 would pay for 1.5 officers for 365 days. What then bozo if you can't afford them now? People like this should stick to what they do best and that is wipe their butts and that's even speculative.
Too bad you're so shy about saying what you think :eek:...good point, too, by the way... :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've never had a set of night sights that were good (still bright) after 10 years of use. Recoil springs assemblies are good for the lifetime of the gun given typical use. I was typically seeing around 3600 rounds before I started seeing occasional malfunctions on my 40's. Up that to close to 6000 though using Wolff recoil springs. Yes I don't have a high opinion of Glock's flat wire springs. The guns get fired as low as 100 rounds per year (typical yearly qualification for most, 50 round day course + 50 round night) to unlimited if you have a SRT team for example. Replacing guns isn't a big deal and you are talking about a budget I'm sure that is in the millions. How much do these people think is spent just on cars per year?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The other thing to consider is what are the policies surrounding firearm replacement if there are any for that jurisdiction. Granted a firearm may be good for a lifetime but what is the legal precedent for terms of use. I know the Feds have guidelines on material replacement for liability purposes and I know other local agencies do as well. Would a Department be liable if in fact a 10 year old weapon did experience a malfunction due to wearing parts or age? I don't know but I can guarantee it would cost them more than $75,000 in attorney's fees just do the interviews to defend it in court.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other thing to consider is what are the policies surrounding firearm replacement if there are any for that jurisdiction. Granted a firearm may be good for a lifetime but what is the legal precedent for terms of use. I know the Feds have guidelines on material replacement for liability purposes and I know other local agencies do as well. Would a Department be liable if in fact a 10 year old weapon did experience a malfunction due to wearing parts or age? I don't know but I can guarantee it would cost them more than $75,000 in attorney's fees just do the interviews to defend it in court.
Great point, ZK...It would be a whole lot more than $75,000, and if it cost a life, how much greater the cost..? you can't even put a dollar amount on that.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts