Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm just wondering, is there a way to convert the G19 from 9mm to .40 cal by swapping out the barrel and magazine (and/or a couple other things)? I'm just wondering if this is something that's possible or not. I know, I know, I don't know jack about Glocks - just wondering.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I know it is possible to switch from 40 cal (G23) to 9mm, but I dont know about vice versa (I dont think so). I'm sure another member will be here soon to advise. As I remember it is safe to go down in caliber but not up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meh - I was just curious. The concept of going down in size is safe makes sense... and I don't ever plan to convert my gun - I agree... would be better to pick up a good used 23. I was just thinking on the keyboard. Thanks guys...

·
Registered
65 Posts
On a youtube video I watched the extractor on the 9mm is curved and on the 40 it is straight. The barrel on the 40-9 conversion is made off center so that the bullet is closer to the extractor for it to work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
960 Posts
OK, so I'm just wondering, is there a way to convert the G19 from 9mm to .40 cal by swapping out the barrel and magazine (and/or a couple other things)? I'm just wondering if this is something that's possible or not. I know, I know, I don't know jack about Glocks - just wondering.
Randy, as far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a "stupid question" when it comes to firearms. It may be the one that you don't ask that may get you hurt or in trouble. When I slowly made the transition from "wheel guns" to Semi's, I didn't know anything. I went to a LOT of gun stores and ranges. I watched, asked questions and learned a lot that way. Of course, about every resource possible is on the web, but first hand, in person knowledge seems to work the best. That's my humble opinion for what it's worth! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts