Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nelson’s major gripe is regarding carry reciprocity between Oklahoma and the rest of the country. Under the new law, Oklahoma will recognize CCW permits from all fifty states, which has the potential to create problems, according to the police captain.

"Not only do we have to be concerned with the law in Oklahoma, but we will be required to contact the Department of Public Safety if someone tells us they're from another state, and they're carrying a firearm," he said.
hopeful Texas won't be far behind and we can get rid of the failure to conceal laws

Oklahomans Prepare for Open Carry (VIDEO) - Gun News at Guns.com

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
maybe i am missing something here but why doesn't this captain just have them show there permit. and if they did have to contact public safety, whats the big deal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If confronted with an out of state driver's license or vehicle registration wouldn't he have to contact public safety.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I like the idea of keeping my concealed carry firearm "concealed". Just wouldn't be comfortable walking around with a holstered gun on my side. The last thing I want to do is announce to the public that "hey, I have a gun"!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Idea for the simple reason it stops any "failure to conceal" and minimizes someones ability to charge someone brandishing. It will allow a person slip on a gun under a loose shirt and not worry about it sticking out for a fast trip to the store

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
maybe i am missing something here but why doesn't this captain just have them show there permit. and if they did have to contact public safety, whats the big deal?
Not sure either, In VA the Dept of Public Safety has nothing to do with the issuance of Handgun Permits. It's handled through the Circuit Court. If the person is in possession of a valid out of state permit I can't think of a reason he would need have to check with the state of issuance DPS. Sounds more like a spoiled child on the playground just looking for a reason to not do something.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they do in Texas:

Issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety Austin, Texas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts