Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use Olive oil on there glock , very little on the areas where spicified? I heard someone on youtube talking about using it

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Are you going to eat it or shoot it? It will gum up and go rancid with time. Olive oil is not a high heat lover and will burn on

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
cheap good stuff is lubriplate white grease

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I think the book says 6 spots and 4 of them are the rails so all I use is regular car grease but I alway wipe the inside down wit a lighty oiled rag

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
960 Posts
My Glocks love bacon grease. I can have breakfast and shoot at the same time!

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
My Glocks love bacon grease. I can have breakfast and shoot at the same time!
Heck,add a pot of coffee and it will smell like grandma's house on Christmas morning

·
Registered
960 Posts
Heck,add a pot of coffee and it will smell like grandma's house on Christmas morning
Yep! Maybe a little gunpowder smell out back in the yard too!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Compare the cost of the Glock, the ammo and the lubricant. Doesent make sense to try and save $ on the lubricant. Use a cleaner/lubricant that was made for the purpose. But that is the way I feel, your opinion may vary.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
cheap good stuff is lubriplate white grease
question for you barstool: going back to my gas station days a 100 years ago i always thought the purpose of a particular grease was determined by color, whereas all my new glocks come with a goldish color grease whats the difference between that and the white grease?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Compare the cost of the Glock, the ammo and the lubricant. Doesent make sense to try and save $ on the lubricant. Use a cleaner/lubricant that was made for the purpose. But that is the way I feel, your opinion may vary.
Amen.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I agree, Tex Why is someone always trying to find a shortcut?...If I'm spending $400 on a new Glock, I sure as heck ain't putting anything on it that's not designed specifically designed for it...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
question for you barstool: going back to my gas station days a 100 years ago i always thought the purpose of a particular grease was determined by color, whereas all my new glocks come with a goldish color grease whats the difference between that and the white grease?
We use lubriplate white lithium grease in wheel bearings on boats because it doesn't wash away like standard grease when backing into a lake. Being synthetic grease it handles high heat too. The copper colored grease is copper anti-seize lubricant for long term storage if needed. it is called "Copper Guard" and seems to be used in a lot of foundry’s and areas of high heat

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
so if i understand you right they all have somewhat of a different speciality but most grease as we know it today would suffice on a gun.
and btw thanks

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
yea, you can spend a lot of money on lubes but I use regular all-purpose grease out of the garage.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
For sure in certain climates, specifically designed lubes are better than bacon grease, crisco lard, WD-40, and baby oil... :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
lol do not use cooking oil for guns! or for any kind of lubrication. Whats next butter for grease? :p
Hope everyone understands my bacon grease comment was a joke. Lol! I ONLY use gun oil on guns!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts