Glock Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can put an oversized magwell for gen 1-3 on a gen 4 if you don't have any of the new backstraps on? I want a big, heavy, brass magwell and this is the first gen 4 I've had. Everywhere they sell them they are for the earlier generations due to the backstraps. I figure since it looks exactly like the shape of the gen 3 without any of the backstraps on, it should be the same.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've never seen one for the 19. If you use an oversized magwell, wouldn't you have to have magazine extensions too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've used them before. I had one on my G19 (plastic) and one on a G22 (Aluminum), both gen 3's. The plastic one for the G19 sucked. I didn't use mag extensions on the G19 but it wasn't an issue to me, especially since I dropped the magwell and went back to stock since it was a piece anyway. The G22 works great with the mag extensions.

So to make a long story short I probably should have extensions on my G19, but it is possible to use stock magazines with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really. To be honest with you my arm was in a sling due to shoulder surgery, I was sitting in my house on Percocet and mad that I couldn't do anything so I started tinkering. That's when I started pissing my money away on Glock upgrades. What I've learned in the last few weeks is:

1. Unless I buy a complete Glock trigger it's a waste of money replacing springs/disconnectors/ect.
2. The Glock plug works fine for a tactical gun (what I use/need). Large magwells are only applicable on race guns, and it develops bad habits for a tactical environment.
3. Replacing the plunger doesn't do a whole lot either. The trigger feels a little more consistent but it still is what it is.

I don't want to be limited in the ammo I use so too much spring work seems to become more of a pain in the butt compared to the small gains I get out of it. Long story short Doc, I didn't know what I was doing. I am a tactical shooter that started messing in a world that I don't have enough knowledge to understand. I just need to stay to the basics with some night sights, a mag plug, and a little polishing should do me just fine. Here's what I got going on... IMG_3620.JPG IMG_3621.JPG IMG_3622.JPG IMG_3623.JPG IMG_3624.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts