Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can put an oversized magwell for gen 1-3 on a gen 4 if you don't have any of the new backstraps on? I want a big, heavy, brass magwell and this is the first gen 4 I've had. Everywhere they sell them they are for the earlier generations due to the backstraps. I figure since it looks exactly like the shape of the gen 3 without any of the backstraps on, it should be the same.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've never seen one for the 19. If you use an oversized magwell, wouldn't you have to have magazine extensions too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've used them before. I had one on my G19 (plastic) and one on a G22 (Aluminum), both gen 3's. The plastic one for the G19 sucked. I didn't use mag extensions on the G19 but it wasn't an issue to me, especially since I dropped the magwell and went back to stock since it was a piece anyway. The G22 works great with the mag extensions.

So to make a long story short I probably should have extensions on my G19, but it is possible to use stock magazines with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really. To be honest with you my arm was in a sling due to shoulder surgery, I was sitting in my house on Percocet and mad that I couldn't do anything so I started tinkering. That's when I started pissing my money away on Glock upgrades. What I've learned in the last few weeks is:

1. Unless I buy a complete Glock trigger it's a waste of money replacing springs/disconnectors/ect.
2. The Glock plug works fine for a tactical gun (what I use/need). Large magwells are only applicable on race guns, and it develops bad habits for a tactical environment.
3. Replacing the plunger doesn't do a whole lot either. The trigger feels a little more consistent but it still is what it is.

I don't want to be limited in the ammo I use so too much spring work seems to become more of a pain in the butt compared to the small gains I get out of it. Long story short Doc, I didn't know what I was doing. I am a tactical shooter that started messing in a world that I don't have enough knowledge to understand. I just need to stay to the basics with some night sights, a mag plug, and a little polishing should do me just fine. Here's what I got going on... Wood Bumper Hardwood Tints and shades Wood stain
Wood Hardwood Auto part Metal Bicycle part
Wood Flooring Bumper Tints and shades Hardwood
Wood Musical instrument accessory Wood stain Flooring Tints and shades
Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.