Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a gen 3 G26. It's slide came painted in a carbon fiber scheme. I don't really now if I like it yet but I am curious as to how hard it would be to remove the paint just in case I don't really like it..

I will post pictures soon so everyone can see!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Any stripper you use might affect the tennifer so I would say test a small spot first

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
It all depends on what the product is on the slide. If it's Cerakote or Duracoat then it on there for good unless you have it blasted and redone. If it's just paint then a remover followed by a quick cleaning and oiling should take care of it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It all depends on what the product is on the slide. If it's Cerakote or Duracoat then it on there for good unless you have it blasted and redone. If it's just paint then a remover followed by a quick cleaning and oiling should take care of it.
Ditto...all dependent upon the product...would love to see a pic of it...!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really have no way of finding out what product was used since I didn't buy it from the person who painted it.. I may just grow into it...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
and ya wanna mess with that ? that looks cool, someone worked on that

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I really have no way of finding out what product was used since I didn't buy it from the person who painted it.. I may just grow into it...
I might suggest a couple of things.
1. If you really don't like it and want to remove it try using a paint remover on a small portion and see if that has an effect. If so they you are golden, just be sure to clean the slide completely afterward and lube generously. If it has no effect then...
2. look for a Duracote or Cerakote tech in your area, you can generally find one at a local gun show. Let them examine the slide and determine if it's one of the other finishes. if so have them remove it for you as it will need to be blasted off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't want to upset the hardcore Glock purists but I think it looks pretty amazing. Like barstoolguru said, someone worked pretty hard on that! It's unique!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I like it! Thought about getting one done myself but I'm gonna go with FDE instead. Hey, IMO, if you like something, make it yours! It's all about what YOU like. It kind of puts your own "character" on your gun. :)

Reactions: Elmexicano21192

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have seen paint on slides and to me THAT is not paint. You would have to spend hour’s air brushing that one. I would really consider keeping that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. After going to the range and seeing how many are all stock, I've decided to keep it. I got a lot of comments and approving looks. haha!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I like it also, and hard to believe thatis paint.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. After going to the range and seeing how many are all stock, I've decided to keep it. I got a lot of comments and approving looks. haha!
I bet and if you ever offered it you would get some bites. before you ever strip it offer to swap it out with someone's else’s

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Whatever the process was, it's really nice...! I'd keep it too!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not a bad look at all! Besides, it could be worse. Check out the "hello kitty glock" that found it's way into the polymer ammo thread. EEEESSSSSHHHH!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I like this one..... "yo man; give all your money"..... "why sure, here ya go"..... money.jpg

Reactions: Elmexicano21192
1 - 20 of 36 Posts