Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted the lettering on their Glock? If so, how did you do it?. Saw some pictures with it done.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There are several methods. I have never done it but I hear that nail polish turns out the best. There are some videos on YouTube demonstrating it.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, Thanks!
There are several methods. I have never done it but I hear that nail polish turns out the best. There are some videos on YouTube demonstrating it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Has anyone painted the lettering on their Glock? If so, how did you do it?. Saw some pictures with it done.
CRAYOLA...no kidding! I saw where a guy did that with crayons...he said it doesn't last, though...hey, try a different color every week...or every letter a different color... :rolleyes: Seriously though, if you come up with something, show us some pics...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just finished doing this project to my new Glock 20c. It worked great.
1. rubbing alcohol all over the slide and parts that are being painted. (make sure your unloaded and take slide off)
2. I raided my daughters nail polish picking a white pearl color. You will also need nail polish remover and paper towel.
3. Apply a good coat of polish. Let it dry afew minutes.
4. I used paper towel to rub off excess polish, with a small amount of remover. As soon as lettering is showing, stop and recoat as needed. If you rub to much it will remove the polish in the lettering.
5. Do as many coats as you want. I did 4-5 coats total.

When I showed people the work everyone thought that the gun came from the factory in the painted condition. Great look IMO....... My .02

·
Registered
497 Posts
Old thread just seen it and just got done painting mine. I used nail polish, I think it came out pretty good. Here's some pics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My $.02.. I've done a few handguns this way.

I use "Hard as Nail" nail polish, high % rubbing alcohol and non-acetone nail polish remover.

1. Use the rubbing alcohol to remover any oil.
2. Use nail polish brush. Dab and brush over lettering. Aloow to dry for couple minutes.
3. Lightly use paper towel and polish remover to wipe off nail polish from lettering. Not too hard to wipe off the etching.
4. Allow to dry another couple minutes. Repeat Steps 2 & 3 for 3 more applications.

Hope this helps. ANd good luck.

Ian

·
Registered
52 Posts
be sure to use non acatone nail polish i did couple years ago and had to send off slide to get redone regular nail polish remover will eat through it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys!

Thought I'd throw in my $.02.

I also did my G17 lettering in white. I think it looks fantastic. Looks factory and gives a bit of a different look. I did it just as Ian descried. One coat for both the mags and slide. Looks great and easily reversible should your tastes change.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Looks good Hearse Guy. Years back they sold some gold leaf paint to paint lettering on guns. I did one of my S&W N Frames and it looked great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts