Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Glock Armorers course today at the Fredericksburg Criminal Justice Academy...and PASSED! Yay! Man, I have brain drain. We started right at 8:00 am, took a half hour for lunch, very few breaks, and ended after 5:00 pm. The course rolled on with no BS and the instructor kept it on point. I now feel that I know everthing that I need to know about the Glock Firearms with the exception of real life experience, which will no doubt be the big teacher! The course is really great, but I've got to tell you...I have brain drain! I'm very tired, but it's a good tired. I would recommend the course to everyone who loves Glock Firearms. Heck, I would recommend it to those who don't like Glocks because after this course, you just might! All in all, a very good day of learning with a lot of good folks. The instructor, Jim Greene, was great! Glock On! :cool:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Congrats, man...great job. I'm sure it'll be worth the effort...Now we can call on you for answers to our questions...:)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congrats! One reason I'm thinking about joining GSSF is so that I can take the course.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Congratulations man, that is a great accomplishment.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats! Hang around the Forum so we an pick your brain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like an AMAZING Experience!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice work ! I actually had to send my G26 back to the mothership today. I LOVE Glock tooooooo muuuuuch to even describe it publicly. I think I am now on a quest for knowledge and hope to fallow in your footsteps. Congratulations again !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! One reason I'm thinking about joining GSSF is so that I can take the course.
It would be well worth it. I am a retired LEO and also have a military background, and I also am a GSSF member. You can get into one of these classes as a GSSF member. This class was right in my hometown, about seven and a half miles from my home, so how good was that! Go for it...you won't regret it.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Congrads! I have to ask, because I am curious. Can you actually fail the course?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It would be well worth it. I am a retired LEO and also have a military background, and I also am a GSSF member. You can get into one of these classes as a GSSF member. This class was right in my hometown, about seven and a half miles from my home, so how good was that! Go for it...you won't regret it.
I'm gonna have to do that...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I am a GSSF member so I can go, but since the courses seem to be on weekdays ,it makes it a little harder to make it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those that are interested, just go to GSSF on line and check it out. I think it was around $35.00 to join for a year and the Armorers course was $195.00. My class was on Monday, but I'm retired so it was no problem for me. Yes, you can fail, if you get lower than 80% on the test. There is a practical part, tear the Glock down completely and put it back together, and as long as it works, you pass that part. The written test is multiple choice and true and false questions. The instructor will do everything in his power to help you pass. If you can retain a little information, you will be okay. There is no study time, and it's not open book or open notes. I went over my notes during the very few breaks and during lunch. Just listen up, ask any questions you may have, take a few notes to help you remember, and you should do just fine. If you have a Glock and have taken it apart and put it back together, you are ahead of the game. They give you the Glock tool that is all you need to completely disassemble and reassemble the gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrads! I have to ask, because I am curious. Can you actually fail the course?
Yes, it's rare but it can happen. It's an excellent hands on basic course which provides a thorough review of the Glock and the most common problems and fixes. It is fast paced with a lot of information to memorize.

Congrats Tinstar! Welcome to the Glock Armorers fraternity.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For those that are interested, just go to GSSF on line and check it out. I think it was around $35.00 to join for a year and the Armorers course was $195.00. My class was on Monday, but I'm retired so it was no problem for me. Yes, you can fail, if you get lower than 80% on the test. There is a practical part, tear the Glock down completely and put it back together, and as long as it works, you pass that part. The written test is multiple choice and true and false questions. The instructor will do everything in his power to help you pass. If you can retain a little information, you will be okay. There is no study time, and it's not open book or open notes. I went over my notes during the very few breaks and during lunch. Just listen up, ask any questions you may have, take a few notes to help you remember, and you should do just fine. If you have a Glock and have taken it apart and put it back together, you are ahead of the game. They give you the Glock tool that is all you need to completely disassemble and reassemble the gun.
I just signed up for the next non "LEO Only" course near me. It's in September, so that's not cool, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just signed up for the next non "LEO Only" course near me. It's in September, so that's not cool, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it :)
In the meantime, while you're waiting, check out the videos on youtube...some very good ones there. Also, you can order DVD's if you're so inclined regarding the complete tear down and maintenance of the Glock (Glockstore.com has some good ones...I got one specifically for the model 26), and there is an older version of the Armorers Manual on line that you could download and check out...very good information although there have been a few changes...mainly regarding the Gen 4. I enjoyed preparing for the class as much as I did the class itself. Being older, I didn't want to be slow down or hold the class up, as I had been forwarned that it goes at a rapid pace...and that is very true! Also, if you have a Glock, tear it down and put it back together...these things will put you ahead of the game. There were a couple of people in the class with no knowledge of the Glock what so ever, and they struggled. I like being prepared! Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts