Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening all!

I picked up my G21 today and had a blast at the range. Now I need to find a few things, first what ears to you all like when shooting indoors? I would prefer the kind that does not cover my ear due to comfort but I do not know it they work as well??

Also, where do you all buy your ammo? Like I mentioned prior I like to support my local shops but a box of 50 rounds cost around $22-$25 and is there any type of ammo I should stay away from?

Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wally World Winchester white box. Just picked up a box of 100 .45 acp 230 grain for $39.97. My 36 loves them!! Eats them up like candy! I like Winchester ear plugs and sometimes the ear muffs on the outside. Together. Don't always need to combine the 2 outdoors but inside ranges......that's different! Congrats!!

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Kind of a family Thanksgiving tradition. Shoot, eat, relax for 5 minutes, then shoot til the Sun goes away! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the thoughts on steel vs brass?

Are most made of brass and are there any I should stay away from?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Brass only for me. Always had better luck with them. I know Glocks will eat pretty much anything but I always have liked brass and stick with it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Good Evening all!

I picked up my G21 today and had a blast at the range. Now I need to find a few things, first what ears to you all like when shooting indoors? I would prefer the kind that does not cover my ear due to comfort but I do not know it they work as well??

Also, where do you all buy your ammo? Like I mentioned prior I like to support my local shops but a box of 50 rounds cost around $22-$25 and is there any type of ammo I should stay away from?

Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Congratulations on your new purchase.
I use Peltor Tactical 6S over the ear most of the time but I am thinking of picking up a set of Surfire EP7 Sonic Defenders for in the ear.

Ammo I buy online in bulk most of the time. I usually check Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com first to see what the best deals are, when buying .40 I stick to brass case but I will do steel on 9mm and 5.56 ammo

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I use brass also, I have used Blazer and no problems there.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
First off you can't replace your hearing so when it goes its gone so what I like to do is a double tap on the ears. I use soft ear plugs and then a cheap set of ear head set work good (5 dollar pair) this way you can pull the ear muffs back and still have ear protection

Wally world win white box is good practice ammo but not for self-defense because of the bullet/jacket separation upon impact. Hollow points with a core lock or bonding retain most of their weight for trauma and blood loss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts