Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Cabela’s called me to say they had my baby in, the Gen 4: G-21 I had ordered a few weeks ago in stock, holding it for me ...:eek:
Picking it up this Tuesday...

I may add the Meprolight adjustable night sights down the road .. Some extra mags ...Some type of OWB holster... And lot's of cheap range ammo at least 500 rounds ,plus some of the good stuff Gold dot +P 230 gr for CCW...

I had owned a Gen-3 G-30 that I wish I had never sold, that being said , my biggest concern is how it will feel in my hand and shoot , I have handled the G-21 and the G-21 SF but not in the Gen 4: ?

I'm hoping I can make this my all around gun and not have to buy the the Gen 4: G-30 (not available yet anyway) right away to replace it as my CCW, not that much difference IMO in size and weight plus I get the extra rounds in the mag..

I guess ill let you know after I carry it a few weeks... Down the road I do plan on getting all three G-21 ,G-30 , G-36 just to have a complete CCS (Conceal Carry System) in 45 ACP...

I'm very excited looking forward to posting my range report ...

Thanks folks,

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
All in all I would have to say that my G21SF RTF2 is my favorite Glock. I am glad the weather if getting a little cooler now so that I can wear a covering garment and carry it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
texcowboy,
I'm thinking the duel recoil springs will make a sweet shooter even sweeter...I just wish my local range would let me shoot it like Hickok45 on YouTube... Then i'll be a real happy camper and a better shot "lol" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAnhDE46BE

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Yes Alex, shooting paper does get boring, I too wish I had a place to shoot at other objects.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's cool...great pistol... You'll have fun with it... let us know what you think of it once you get to shoot it... :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm like you. I will own every version Glock has available in the .40 caliber soon I hope. I have an interest in the G.A.P. for some reason. I guess it's because I think it's a unique firearm and I'm all about "unique". Of course you will never go wrong with any Glock product. I have been to the range with quite a few people and changed them to either Glock owners or soon to be!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That's cool...great pistol... You'll have fun with it... let us know what you think of it once you get to shoot it... :D
Thanks rowabi,
I thought I just let you know I just handled a Springfield XD's brand new with a stainless steel slide beautiful at my local gun-shop , very tempting had I not had the Gen 4: G-21 coming in this week, it would have went home with me ..Oh well... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ArmyCobra1 ,
You know at the end of the day I think the Gen 4: upgrade is really about the 40 S&W caliber more than any of the other calibers ..
Good luck with your Glock's in 40 S&W...

·
Registered
960 Posts
ArmyCobra1 ,
You know at the end of the day I think the Gen 4: upgrade is really about the 40 S&W caliber more than any of the other calibers ..
Good luck with your Glock's in 40 S&W...
Thanks Alex. I try to purchase new firearms every 4 or 5 months as my retirement pension allows.:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Alex. I try to purchase new firearms every 4 or 5 months as my retirement pension allows.:)
"Yup" ArmyCobra1 ,while I'm at it I like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service to our country...

·
Registered
960 Posts
"Yup" ArmyCobra1 ,while I'm at it I like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service to our country...
Very proud of my military service and would advise every young man or woman in this country to give it a try. I'm also proud to live in a country where law abiding citizens are able to carry a firearm and protect what belongs to them!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
...how it will feel in my hand and shoot , I have handled the G-21 and the G-21 SF but not in the Gen 4: ? ...
With the backstrap system, you can make it feel like either :)

I like the gen4 grip texture - a little less slippage than before.

I think you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just ordered a set of Truglo fiber optic sights for the 23! Can't wait to get them on there now! I have fired my LE friends 22 with Trijicon sights. I'm liking the fiber optic sights though. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well folks here's my new Baby... Gen4: G-21....:cool:
Range report coming soon ....

DSC_5000.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice, I wanted a 21 Gen 4 but no one had it around me and online was over 100.00 more then the Gen 3. I ended up with a G22 Gen 4, but I still want a 45 too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks BigMike,
I had to special order my Gen4:G-21 and waited three weeks for it from Cabela’s...
It's a great shooter over 500 rounds of everything from ball to hollow points ,weak left hand shooting and rapid-fire without cleaning, it was dead on right out of the box without even a hiccup...
I'll be posting a range report soon , tell you more about the gun then ...

BigMike , tell me how you like that Gen 4: G-22 your's , it's on my list of must haves... "lol":D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts