1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Simply horrible and the fall out is going to be brutal. This guy shot his own mother and then all of the kids in his mother's class room along with and 7 adults; Another gun free zone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did not hear that he had shot his mother and then the kids in the classroom as well, so very very sad. Have already seen some fall out here on social media, need stricter gun laws etc etc...just not worth arguing with folks who don't know facts.

Edit: Just read the NBC report and see where it's stated it was his mother....WOW

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of the comments beneath the article is exactly right:

"Can we talk less about gun control and more about the mental health problem that we are obviously facing in this nation?"

·
Registered
65 Posts
One of the comments beneath the article is exactly right:

"Can we talk less about gun control and more about the mental health problem that we are obviously facing in this nation?"
So true. Praying for all the people affected by this. Gun Control will not stop things like this from happening, but they still want to preach about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This news from Michigan:

State House, Senate pass bill allowing guns to be carried in more places

"Changes to the concealed weapons law passed the [GOP-controlled] state House and Senate late Thursday, allowing trained gun owners to carry their weapons in formerly forbidden places, such as schools, day care centers, stadiums and churches."

I work at a university. Another university only 80 miles north had a shooter on campus two years ago. I wish Illinois and other states would allow concealed carry on campuses.

Mentally ill people must see schools (and churches, temples and malls) as places where they will not meet resistance. Yet here and many other states it's a felony to take a firearm onto a campus or into a school.

Either they should allow concealed carry or they should each have well-trained and well-armed security personnel on staff.

Some two cents for what they're worth.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Prayers no doubt! And I couldn't have said it better myself, mental health is without any question the issue here! Good post ankle.brambledom!

Reactions: ankle.brambledom

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Massad Ayoob discussed the solution of shooters in schools in this article as being the most effective:
"Israel began the program of armed citizen guards in the schools after the Maalot massacre in the 1970s, when a large number of children were slain in a terrorist incident. The volunteer parents work in plain clothes, armed with concealed semi-automatic pistols, and are trained by Israel's home guard. It is significant that in the more than a quarter century between Maalot and the incident mentioned above when the citizen guards shot down the terrorist in the school in 2002, not a single child was murdered in an Israeli school!"
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob81.html

66779_504365722918186_375237557_n.jpg

Reactions: ankle.brambledom

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Very sad news for sure.

Just heard on the news one of the gun used was a Glock :( (as well as a Sig and a bushmaster .223 AR). not that a gun is in any way responsible but antis are going to use it against us.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I just don't know how to feel anymore. Aurora not far from my house, Born and raised Connecticut native. So close to home in a different way. It has been confirmed that the shooter had a mental illness, and somehow had access to his own mothers guns! She was killed at her home and then the shooter went to her school to shoot it up. Before I go any further my thoughts are with the victims and the familes affected by this tragedy. We all know it would be a matter of time before more gun control laws were pushed. I think the recent events in Oregon and now CT the process will be sped up. Those who wish to do harm will, guns or not! And the responsible gun owners, such as those on this forum will be more affected that the criminals if new laws are passed. If I said anything wrong I apoligize. Like I said this is hitting to close to home.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts