Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I'd like to hear your thoughts about plus two magazine extensions... is there some reason why you wouldn't consider adding these to your magazines? Here's a link.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
all depends what gun your talking about. 9mm will give you two but 40 will only give you one from my experience. case in point g27 standard mag is 9 rds plus two gives you one more rd for ten. the other scenario is you may want to just buy the next size mag.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
1jimmy is correct 9mm is +2 .40 will be +1. I prefer the Pearce as I feel they are more ergonomic. They have just the base plate replacement or the +2 Replacement. I put the PG-26 on my G27

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, since my gun is a 9mm, I guess it would actually be +2; I have to do some thinking to decide just where I want to go in this regard. Thanks...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As ZombieKiller said, if you do, the Pierce are in my opinion the best. Just remember if you are going to CCW the gun, the extensions put length on the butt which makes it harder to conceal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just remember if you are going to CCW the gun, the extensions put length on the butt which makes it harder to conceal.
I don't use them , what he said... The general idea is to keep your CCW primary as small and as concealable as possible and when the SHTF then you can take out the banana clips...

The Pearce extensions on a fully loaded mag can create a slight opening at the base , not so with the Glock stuff... If I had to use them I would prefer the Glock factory smooth extensions to the others ... I don't take for granted any of the some-what 34 parts on my Gen 4 guns.. I've come to respect the quality and common sense used on Glock parts even when it come down to the base plate on mags...

P.S. Best not to rely too much on pinkie support anyways ... Just my two cents....

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
1jimmy is correct 9mm is +2 .40 will be +1. I prefer the Pearce as I feel they are more ergonomic. They have just the base plate replacement or the +2 Replacement. I put the PG-26 on my G27
I did the same thing...worked well for me..It's all about preference...you may have to try some different options.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have 2 17 round mags with factory +2 bases on them and my 33 round mag naturally has the Glock +2 base.
"Yup" you can't go wrong with the factory stuff... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been using a G17 +2 mag (19 total) since 1988 without any problem. I just recently replace the very old mag spring with a new one after it started to fail to lock open on the last shot but still shot just fine. I am all for them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Personally I'd go with the +2 Glock extension. I don't use them now but when I did never had any problems with them. I carry a 23C so if I want more capacity I'd just carry model 22 mags as spares.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't use them - except for the one that came factory installed on the G18 magazine, and I don't carry that :)

Unless it was a duty gun, I don't think the added length & change to the magazine spring dynamics is worth the extra round or two.

Just my $.02. And it's probably not worth that much :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I went to the Kenny Woods Gun & Knife Show today and picked up two +2 extensions for $10. Once I finally figured out how to install them, they were a breeze. I'll have to see how they hold up. Regardless, I'm gonna keep the stock base plates just in case. I figured for $5 each, it's worth a try.

While I was there, I got to meet the GlockTech guys too... and bought a Stinger for $10 and a Mic holster for $20. Got a good deal on a spare mag for my Ruger Mark III, and signed up for the NRA. All in all, a good day. Now I have to get my hand healed up from this carpal tunnel surgery so I can go shooting again. :(

·
Registered
960 Posts
All, I'd like to hear your thoughts about plus two magazine extensions... is there some reason why you wouldn't consider adding these to your magazines? Here's a link.
I have a couple of the Pearce extensions. I only use them when loading up for the range. I use the standard factory magazines and base plates for CCW. As was stated by Alex, the idea of keeping your firearm concealed, the smaller the better!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep... so I have 3 magazines, and two extensions. The third mag is already loaded with personal defense rounds, so the other two are intended for the range. That will leave me with one standard mag for CCW purposes. We're thinking along the same lines... :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
on the g26 the pierce extension will pinch your pinky finger because the mag rocks in the mag well when you shoot the gun

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
on the g26 the pierce extension will pinch your pinky finger because the mag rocks in the mag well when you shoot the gun
I didn't have that experience with mine, but I could see how it could...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I got my +2's installed... but holy cow the stock base plates almost wouldn't come off. Finally reviewed several videos and saw one with the guy putting them in a vise; that worked... but I was almost sure I was gonna break something. I didn't, and the new ones slipped right on... but oh my gosh those things were tough to get off.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
yeah, they are tight. It doesn't take too much pressure to release the tabs when squeezing the side of the mag. The key is making sure you have something thick enough down in the floor plate hole to apply enough leverage to pop the base place forward.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
An Allen wrench did the trick for me. Wrapped the mag in a washcloth so the vise wouldn't screw up the magazine. Enough pressure and an appropriately applied Allen wrench and it slipped right off. If I had to do it again, I think I'd put something like a chop stick on either side of the mag in the vise so the middle of the side of the mag - and not the entire mag - is squeezed... just enough to clear the tabs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts