Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my g19, but unfortunately i cant carry it everyday. I have a taurus tcp 380 pocket pistol which i like but i want a 9 mm so i can only buy one type of ammo for range etc.. plus a little more kick from a bigger round is always welcome. Any ideas i like the ruger lc9 and the beretta nano, has anyone owned or shot any of these or keltec etc. Looking at around 400.00 price point

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I had the KelTec and it performed fine, I cant remember why I sold it, probably to buy another model I could not live without at the time. The only complaint I had about the KelTec is that it was a booger to reassemble after field stripping. I never could get the barrel to seat correctly, I sold it to a friend and he said he discovered a trick to get the barrel in correctly. Now I dont remember how he did it but he found the solution online. Money wise i think the KelTec would be a good buy, I havent handled a Nano and I do like the ruger LC9 although i have nver owned or shot one.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
don't know about the nano, but i had a ruger lc9. nice gun but the trigger pull was terrible, sold it after a few days. theres a lot of 9mm out there but imo they are not carry guns. maybe the glock 26 or an airweight revolver

·
Registered
126 Posts
Kahr PM9. I had one and decided to go a bit smaller with the p380. Great size, and even better trigger. I have a sig p238 and I garry my Kahr more just because of the trigger.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No experience with those, but I have a friend that loves his KelTec PF9..That would be well under your price point...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have narrowed it down to 3 keltec pf9 ruger lc9 and taurus pt709. All 3 have positive and negative reviews on you tube, i guess just have to decide and try my luck any other input on these 3 will be appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keltec pf9 is mine if im out of the house and up town its in my pocket in a desantis pocket size 13 fits nice same holster for my G 27 but you can really feel the G27 in the pocket all the ones you mentioned are nice just the keltec is what i carry

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the input guys much appreciated. i have made my decision based on all of ur input, research online and seeing them next to each other. i have decided on the keltec pf9 it feels just right in my hand i am able to conceal in my pocket with a desantis pocket holster. they do have the lifetime warranty like taurus, and i believe its the gun to fill the need i have which is an occasional carry weapon wheni cant carry my g19(which in this heat is quite often). now i just need to find one, there are a few used ones around, but honestly for the price i want to buy a new one, u never know what ur getting when u buy a used gun in my opinion. i still havent decided what im gonna do with my tcp, trade it in keep it or sell it out right. i may just keep i do like the tcp and i guess u can never have to many guns lol. anyway thanks again every one...

·
Registered
70 Posts
The older pf9s had problems so i bought a new 1 mine is kinda cool its all olive drab color didnt know they made them like that anyways good luck with your goal on getting 1

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually got the green at shoot straight in tampa last night got to clean it and get to the range

1 - 11 of 11 Posts