Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Gen 4 G26. when I rack the slide, I either have to just let it snap back forcefully,or push it all the way closed or it will not go back the last 1/4 inch. It feels like something is hanging up. If I tap on it or even shake the gun, it will pop back. My G19 does no do this. I havent fired this gun yet so I am hoping that it is something that will break in. Has anyone else ever seen this problem?

Steve

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
it might be the locking breech (look at the gun closed and you will see the barrel engaged in the slide when closed) not having enough momentum to achieve battery and it happens with a gun that is new and tight what you need to do is shoot 200 rounds through it and do a break in. some will say Glock’s don't need it but anytime you have metal meshing together as tight as a Glock is there has to be some form of break in

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You shouldn't be pushing the slide. You want the slide to fall into battery under it's own inertia. Either release the slide stop or sling shot the slide don't ride the slide forward. It will loosen up the more you shoot it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My 36 was doing that a couple of times. After racking the slide quite a few times and putting a couple hundred rounds through it, it cleared up. If it doesn't get better with use, call Smyrna and tell them about it. You may want to go through one of the members on this forum, rowabi. I think he knows everyone in Smyrna by name! LOL! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts