Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Third gen 40 caliber Glock, full size. I have 9 magazines that fit this pistol. During a range session I had jams on the last round with the mag I took to the range. When I got home I got opujt all the mags I have a tried them all with the last round jamming on 4 out of the nine. The last round drives straight forward into the feed ramp and sticks there. I figure I have a follower problem. Are the followers different from one generation to another? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What model Glock do you have? Are the magazines all factory (Glock) mags?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
So it is the G22 40 cal full size. The only thing I can think of is either out of spec ammo (you didnt say if they were reloads or not) or dirty mags, weak mag springs or screwed up followers.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I was reading on another forum a while back that mentioned that there are several different followers for the .40 mags. Version 7, 8, and 9 require a different spring than the others. If I remember correctly the version number should be stamped on the follower. You might pull them apart and do some comparison with a known good mag and see if there are any differences

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it is the G22 40 cal full size. The only thing I can think of is either out of spec ammo (you didnt say if they were reloads or not) or dirty mags, weak mag springs or screwed up followers.
It happens with both reloads and factory loads. The reloads are 180 grain Reinier (plated) bullet and 180 grain HAP. The factory loads are 180 GoldDots (my duty ammo) and the 180 truncated cone from CCI.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds like the mags if it was happening with Gold Dots.

I'd do what ZK57 suggested and label the mags accordingly. Could be that some need a good cleaning, new spring or follower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts