Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Glock 34 yesterday and took it to the range today. First round failed to eject, follows by 9 more trys. Each round fired but failed to eject the casing. They were caught between the slide and the barrel. No stove pipes. Next magazine same problem with a few casings still in the chamber. 25 rounds and not one was ejected properly. Put it back in the safe and brought it home. I was using Winchester 115gr FMJ Target rounds. Used the same rounds in the Glock 17 and not one problem. Called customer support, explained the problem and was told to use Blazer 124 Gr FMJ and see it that took care of the problem. Has enyone else had this problem and what was your solution. One this is that it was very accurate right out of the box.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I had the same problem with the G17 GEN 4 when using underpowered 'Monarch' brand ammo. The Wichester white box worked just fine. I sold the gun because I feel that any gun I own should function with all ammo available. I replaced the G17 GEN 4 with a G19 GEN 3.

I dont understand why Glock would think that 9mm needs a dual recoil spring.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No, nothing like that, but keep us posted...hope it's a quick fix...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Used RWS (swiss made) 124gr FMJ today and had no problems. Just irks me that a G17 will fire Winchester 115gr FMJ Target loads and a competition G34 will not. So now I have to have different ammo for each weapon. Will a g17 gen 3 spring work in a g34 gen 3 ?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My 3rd gen G34 never had problems with the WWB 115gr from Walmart.

I always like to go through 200-300 rounds of "hotter" ammo with new guns before feeding it target loads. My newest, a 4th gen G17, is still on a diet of Speer 124gr Lawman FMJ & 124gr +p Gold Dot.

Could be that it the problem will go away after a while. If not, I'd call Glock and let them know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The spring length is the same for the G17 and the G34, Just the slide is longer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fired 300 rounds of Winchester Nato 124 gr. rounds through it and it now will fire the Winchester target loads with no problem. The Glock 17 spring and guide are the same as the Glock 34 spring and guide. Great weapon, I really enjoy shooting it. Keeping them all in the black.

·
Registered
144 Posts
G34 gen3. Bought new fired only 300 rounds man, reloads no problems. Shoots acurate. Love it almost as much as my G23.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
sounds like the ejector is not grabbing the case rim, you can keep firing it and see if it works its way out OR take the ejector out and smooth the rough casing edges (not the ejector face) and see if that helps

. OLDLWNEWEXTRACTORCASTING.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts