Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Glock 23 Gen 4 shoots consistently high and I think that I may be using the sights incorrectly. When I line up the tops of the front and rear sights, the bottom part of the front sight white dot is covered ever so slightly by the bottom of the rear sight notch. Is it more important to align both sight tops or is it better to have the whole dot visible?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the way i do it is line up the front sight with the rear having the top of the front perfectly even with the top of the rear then check space to the left and right of front sight for equal distance through the rear sight. provided you keep that sight picture you should be able to put that round anywhere you want.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe youre holding it wrong? I use the "rapper" grip!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe youre holding it wrong? I use the "rapper" grip!
Thats funny, I had my Totes, range bag - cooler etc. for my full day at the local outdoor range. I was standing in my station during a cease fire and hear several guys exiting a couple of vehicles behind me. They had the baggy pants and hats turned sideways etc...

They ended up 2 stations down from me when the range when back to hot. We were at the 3 yd station at the time and I was practically stacking my shots. I hear the guys next to me putting a lot of lead down range and look over and they were barely hitting paper.

When we had a cease fire to retrieve or paste targets I pasted mine came back to my station and one of the guys came over and asked me to show them how to shoot? I politely declined and told them they offered classes they could sign up for. I wasn't going to be the one to teach these kids how to shoot.

Sorry to go into a long post but like I said when i saw that picture it cracked me up and made me think about that day.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I center the dot in the rear sight.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am tempted to put Ameriglo ghost ring sights on my G23 Gen 4. Opinions are welcome.
Dont know about the Ghost ring type, but Ameriglo sights are great !

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Line up sights...top of front & rear sights level and spaced inbetween...set target on top...squeeze trigger! I only concern myself with the tritium night sights when in low / no light shooting situations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts