Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so so I've had my first glock for at least 6 months or so and have several range sessions. Glock 26 mainly for CCW.

I have a question about lining up glock sights. I believe i know the answer and possibly this has been discussed and possibly even illustrated somewhere.

So when I put front sight on target, and try to even out with the rear sigh, the bottom of the front sight gets "cut out" of the sight picture below the bottom of the rear "U". or....... Should your front circle sit inside the "U" of the rear sight which seems to make it slightly higher than the rear sights.

Honestly I'd like to try some aftermarket sights......... I'd have to have them installed. There seem to be good reviews on the XS big dots, but it seems to me that I'd have a hard time placing the gun when the front sight is so big.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
because glocks shoot a little high to allow for bullet drop they call it Glock 6 O'clock

imagesCAAF2T2T.jpg

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As far as the Stock Glock sights, just fill the rear sight with the front sight as you are evidently doing.

As far as the big Dot sights, the rear sight has a Vertical Line that you align the Big Dot on.

BTW, I put my front sight directly on target.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
because glocks shoot a little high to allow for bullet drop they call it Glock 6 O'clock

View attachment 690

I am fairly certain that with my glock If I alligned the way you have here with the horizontal rails fo the front and back sights alligned that the bottom quarter of the circle (front sight) would be below the lower portion of the rear sight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as the Stock Glock sights, just fill the rear sight with the front sight as you are evidently doing.

As far as the big Dot sights, the rear sight has a Vertical Line that you align the Big Dot on.

BTW, I put my front sight directly on target.

i get that you allign the big dot with the verticle line, but it seems like I'm going to try to line up to shoot a quarter sized image with an orange

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I am fairly certain that with my glock If I alligned the way you have here with the horizontal rails fo the front and back sights alligned that the bottom quarter of the circle (front sight) would be below the lower portion of the rear sight.

If it does you have two different sigh sets, sights are a matched set. Are your sites factory and if they are they should give you that sight pic when aligned properly

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
i get that you allign the big dot with the verticle line, but it seems like I'm going to try to line up to shoot a quarter sized image with an orange
Big Dot sights give you a fast sight picture, as far as precision shooting at the range when you have lots of time to align your sights you would be better off with standard type sights. For quick target sighting as in an emergency situation, the big dot sights would work IMHO. Thank God I have not had a real emergency situation to try them on.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Here's the alignment for the Big Dot:

image.jpg

As Tex said, they're made for quick acquisition in SD situations, but I've seen some good longer range shooting with them too (cheesy, but you get the idea):

[video=youtube;AY5RURFEGd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8[/video]

And a more instructive one:

[video=youtube;iQVCeJ103BQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVCeJ103BQ[/video]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts