Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gun shop this last weekend (making some holsters). The gunsmith was there messing with a Glock 36. The customer wanted some trigger work done, the customer just didn't like the trigger. The gunsmith pronounced it to be as stock Glock trigger, and to fix that some parts need to be ordered. This is the weird part about this is that the gunsmith was taking it apart and wanted to take a look at my G30 for some reason. He was messing with my gun and next thing I know he has it apart and looking through it. Then he heads up front and comes back with a couple other Glocks. So to shorten this up my stock G30 has a better trigger then all of the other Glocks at the gun shop. My question is what would be the reason for this? Am I going to run into problems with it? I figured that I would ask here first.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Trey.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
You're gonna need to ask him what he did, to let him know that you realize he monkey'd with it..I'd be appreciative of the trigger pull, but in the event it doesn't hold up, he needs to realize he'll be responsible for making it right, as you apparently didn't request these services...
Just my .02....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Did he just take it apart and put it back together? Or did he modify something?
That would be my question too. If you touch my gun I want to know what you did in the event something something happens I can hold you accountable, especially if I didn't ask you to make any mods

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Did he just take it apart and put it back together? Or did he modify something?
That is my question also. I would guess if he did anyting to it he would tell you and/or charge you for it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He didn't do anything to it. He just took it apart and compaired it to the customers gun. Then he put it back together. The trigger came from Glock like it is now. It is really light. I would say the it is in the 3.5 to 4lb range. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
He didn't do anything to it. He just took it apart and compaired it to the customers gun. Then he put it back together. The trigger came from Glock like it is now. It is really light. I would say the it is in the 3.5 to 4lb range. Is this normal?
Factory Glock is a 5lb weight

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Strange. A Glock armorer should be able to tell you why it's different. I know my G34 had a lighter trigger, but never heard of that (from the factory) on a G30.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to ask him next weekend. I was so busy that I didn't think to ask him. He just said that it was lighter then all the rest.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Apparently, there's a newish trigger bar for the compact 10mm & .45 ACPs:

1194 Trigger with trigger bar - G29-G29SF-G30-G30SF (new part - marked 4256-1- with grooved trigger)

has the dash after the 1.

Maybe that's it?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently, there's a newish trigger bar for the compact 10mm & .45 ACPs:

1194 Trigger with trigger bar - G29-G29SF-G30-G30SF (new part - marked 4256-1- with grooved trigger)

has the dash after the 1.

Maybe that's it?
Thanks for the info RMD. I will have to do some digging on this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you do a polish to the trigger bar and connector? That will lighten up the trigger a little, with out changing parts. Im just curious because im looking at getting a g30 for my wife. She wants a 45 but the g21 was to big for her hands.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Did you do a polish to the trigger bar and connector? That will lighten up the trigger a little, with out changing parts. Im just curious because im looking at getting a g30 for my wife. She wants a 45 but the g21 was to big for her hands.
G21 and G30 have the same grip diameter. Might think about an "SF" version of either or maybe even a gen4 G21; without a backstrap, it should feel like an SF. There's also the single stack G36 if the lower capacity isn't an issue.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope didn't do anything to it. That is the way it came from the factory.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
G21 and G30 have the same grip diameter. Might think about an "SF" version of either or maybe even a gen4 G21; without a backstrap, it should feel like an SF. There's also the single stack G36 if the lower capacity isn't an issue.
+1 on that.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

G36 ROCKS...Not for folks that feel like they might be going to war...If you can shoot, it's fine...I carry a back-up mag...If you can't shoot, a 32 rounder ain't gonna help ya much...lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was looking @ the g30sf the other day. I got to get the wife down to the lgs to try it out. I hope she likes it cause she's wants a pink gun and she's been eyeing my h&k usp 45 compact. She's been carrying it since I got my g21 gen 4. Im gonna look into the g36 also. It maybe a better fit and I really dont want my h&k painted pink... :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts