Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a new G19 gen 3 and noticed that the extractor was a little bent is that normal on the G19? Also on the rear right side behind that small metal rail there was a small piece of plastic that cracked. I thought the little piece of plastic was maybe a factory mold that doesnt need to be there so i just took the rest of the piece of plastic out and then cleaned and smoothed that area. Please let me know if you see any defects..Thanx!!

Fixture Gas Metal Household hardware Engineering

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fixture Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

I should not have said a crack lol! On both sides right behind those rear rails there is a gap and and what use to be some excess plastic so i took a small screwdriver and cleared the excess plastic away. I was just wondering if this looks normal? There is no cracks and the rails are not loose. Any more comments would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a new G19 gen 3 and noticed that the extractor was a little bent is that normal on the G19? Also on the rear right side behind that small metal rail there was a small piece of plastic that cracked. I thought the little piece of plastic was maybe a factory mold that doesnt need to be there so i just took the rest of the piece of plastic out and then cleaned and smoothed that area. Please let me know if you see any defects..Thanx!!

View attachment 533
The bend in the extractor is normal, since both the glock 23 and glock 19, use the same frame, a slight bend in the g19 was necessary to faciltate the 9mm cartridge since it is smaller. The bend allows the extractor to insure contacing the cartridge
I cant answer about the crack. FYI i own both the G19 and the g23 and my extractor also has a slight bend in it, on the g19 where the g23 is straight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts