Glock Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a G30SF. It's the first Glock I've owned. Couple of questions.

1. When looking at accessories and/or mods, I find plenty for "G30", but not for the SF series. When looking at things like extended slide releases, and things of that nature....will the ones that are applicable for the standard G30 work on my G30SF? It has 2 pins.

2. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as accessories that just make the gun "better" and/or more dependable. I know everyone has different tastes in accessories and needs, just wondering what folks with more Glock experience consider "money well spent".

Thanks for any help/info in advance, and I look forward to learning all I can about Glock.

***Right outta the box the gun was dead on at 15, and up to 25 yards. Excellent gun so far.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

1. When looking at accessories and/or mods, I find plenty for "G30", but not for the SF series. When looking at things like extended slide releases, and things of that nature....will the ones that are applicable for the standard G30 work on my G30SF? It has 2 pins.

2. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as accessories that just make the gun "better" and/or more dependable. I know everyone has different tastes in accessories and needs, just wondering what folks with more Glock experience consider "money well spent".

Thanks for any help/info in advance, and I look forward to learning all I can about Glock.

***Right outta the box the gun was dead on at 15, and up to 25 yards. Excellent gun so far.
Welcome aboard...why would you want to change perfection...?...lol..... Right now, "money well spent" would be on ammo while it's readily available...mods can come later, if you find you need them...sights are a good investment...lots to choose from... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...got 1000 rounds on the way. The slide release is really the only "issue" I have.....and it's not much of one. It's just smaller than I'm used to, and like the extended version. Everything I see offered says they got the 30, but nothing about the 30SF. I'll say one thing. I picked it up yesterday and went to the range today. I've got Sigs, S&W, etc. and this gun may be my new favorite. I expected a lot more recoil, and was worried because it was somewhat "spur of the moment", so I'd never shot one. I was amazed. Even being a compact....it was great. Dead on, and pretty tight groups right from the start. I appreciate you guys helping with my questions. Hope I can give y'all some back at some point!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and the sights....lookin at those too. Heard a lot of people saying they don't like the stock "u" sights on the Glock. Didn't bother me....works fine, but want the night sights.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
When looking at things like extended slide releases

I am assuming your talking about the Gen 3 because as far as I know they don't make an ext for the gen 4. I am not sure you will like it, I didn't. It sticks out bad BUT they sell oversized ones that don't stick out and give you a bigger pad like the gen 4's.

sorry boo-booed, tired eye's but I will leave it up anyway
p_452000014_1.jpg
Glockworx Extended Mag Release Oversize Button Glock Gen 3 or Earlier

the U sights are called "dot in a box"
and ++ on night sights
truglo night sights 59.00 free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-BRITE-...id=1356074310&sr=1-123&keywords=truglo+sights

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
after you have gone through the 1000 rounds that would be a good time to decide if you need any changes. mine is stock and its one of my best shooting glocks. i wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

This is probably what you wan't. If you don't like the Slide Release
Rockyourglock Store: Extended Slide Release- Glock parts, accessories, and custom Glock refinishing at Rockyourglock Store

I also do the extended Slide Lock. I hate the factory version.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Glock doesn't recommend ext slide releases because of lost dexterity in a gun fight and as pointed out you should train as you will shoot under pressure... the sling shot method to clear and charge the weapon. why add another routine and have one more thing to think about

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am assuming your talking about the Gen 3 because as far as I know they don't make an ext for the gen 4. I am not sure you will like it, I didn't. It sticks out bad BUT they sell oversized ones that don't stick out and give you a bigger pad like the gen 4's.

sorry boo-booed, tired eye's but I will leave it up anyway
View attachment 903
Glockworx Extended Mag Release Oversize Button Glock Gen 3 or Earlier

the U sights are called "dot in a box"
and ++ on night sights
truglo night sights 59.00 free shipping
Amazon.com : Truglo Tritium Handgun Sight : Gunsmithing Tools And Accessories : Sports & Outdoors
I know this is a long shot, but since I need to replace one, do you still have the one you bought?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My gen 4 19 I upgraded the sights and I changed out the trigger for a g17 smooth trigger. I also added a grip plug. For night sights I'd look at the trijicon HD or the warren tactical 3 dot night sights. I went with the Warren sights because the rear sights are dall/yellow and even in the day time they are darker so it's almost like a blacked out rear. If you are using it fit carry I'd keep it simple, if it's a range gun go wild do whatever floats your boat. Lots of mods for glocks. Have fun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would suggest some Talon grips. The g30sf is slippery. Just kidding not that bad, but for small grip and big recoil the tape will help alot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bought my G30S about 14 months ago. Not exactly the same as your G30SF, the difference being the G30S has a G36 slide, which is a bit thinner.

I added mods to the gun slowly, and only after 300 rnds. First I added the extended slide lock , as I found the stock one is too far recessed. The extended slide stop was next as the stock one is hard to reach with a small thumb. A grip kit was next, I got one at ebay instead of Talon grips , which are excellent. Just recently I added Meprolight night sites as this is one of my carry guns and it could be needed at dusk/nighttime.

Nothing I did altered the already great performance of my G30S. The mods just made my handgun easier for me to operate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts