Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best/most cost efficient rounds to use at the range. i just picked up a g19 and would like to buy in bulk without trying 30 different kinds first. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I just picked up a case of 500 Remington UMC Nickel Plated 40 S&W Ammo 180 Grain FMJ from DiscountAmmoSales.com for $150. That is the cheapest I have found it this year.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You can get great deals online, but for local, I prefer the 100 round boxes of Winchester 115gr from Walmart. Runs about $24 here. They sell Federal Champion for about $2 less, but it's a bit underpowered and dirtier, although my 9mm Glocks have never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Sorry I picked the wrong entry from my email, it should have been this one
500rd case Independence 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ for $93.

from the same distributor. I would bet that Independence is not manufactured in the USA but it's cheap

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Sorry I picked the wrong entry from my email, it should have been this one
500rd case Independence 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain FMJ for $93.

from the same distributor. I would bet that Independence is not manufactured in the USA but it's cheap
Is Independence ammo reloaded? My wifes G19 hates other reloads I have tried.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
here is the quote from the site
Independence 9mm ammo for sale is a new production ammo that features 115 Grain FMJ bullet. 9mm Luger ammo made by ATK is reloadable, features brass cases and Boxer primers. This ammunition is non-corrosive. Independence 9mm Luger ammo is high value and high performance, perfect for target shooting and practice purposes.
Not quite sure what they mean in that context of "new production ammo " though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't understand. If your reload is done properly how does your pistol know the difference? My reloads look exactly like the factory loads I shoot. My Glock pistol eats them up. What does your G19 do when you try reloads in it?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I don't understand. If your reload is done properly how does your pistol know the difference? My reloads look exactly like the factory loads I shoot. My Glock pistol eats them up. What does your G19 do when you try reloads in it?
I don't reload, several people here do but I would imagine that it because of having the incorrect powder mix causing a round to either under cycle or over cycle.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I don't reload, My pistol knows the difference when it fails to feed every other round!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
On that note, how many hundreds or thousands of dollars will it cost me to start reloading to save money on ammo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts